Waiting for CMax

yark99

Hello all. We ordered our Ruby Red CMax SE (201a+winter+sunroof) 3 weeks ago. We've driven a manual Honda Civic Hybrid for the last 10 years-- got one of the first ones off the boat so we are not afraid of first-year cars. We have been very happy with the Civic, except for the trunk space (NOT!), but it is time for a new car because the hybrid battery needs replacing. I thought surely we would get a Prius, but we should check out this newcomer just for the heck of it, and after driving the two of them, the choice was clear. The car felt great on the road. We're also happy to be able to buy a Ford. Husband grew up with Fords and I still remember going with my parents to buy their first car, a Falcon.

Hello all. We ordered our Ruby Red CMax SE (201a+winter+sunroof) 3 weeks ago. We've driven a manual Honda Civic Hybrid for the last 10 years-- got one of the first ones off the boat so we are not afraid of first-year cars. We have been very happy with the Civic, except for the trunk space (NOT!), but it is time for a new car because the hybrid battery needs replacing. I thought surely we would get a Prius, but we should check out this newcomer just for the heck of it, and after driving the two of them, the choice was clear. The car felt great on the road. We're also happy to be able to buy a Ford. Husband grew up with Fords and I still remember going with my parents to buy their first car, a Falcon.

Welcome to the Forum! Lots and lots of useful reading to do!

My dad had a Falcon, when they imported them into Australia back in the late 70s. That name evolved and still in use by Ford Australia. It's one HELLUVA car and the latest edition is a twin turbo six, my last Ford was in Australia, a white XR-6 a speedy manual beast, lots of comfort and everything solid - typical of Ford. So now I am back in a brand new Ford here in the good ole USA. My last 3 cars here in the US were all Jaguars from the 2004 to a 2006 to 2007. The fact that one Jag got t-boned meant I got to buy a CMax. Anyway, I digress...welcome to the forum and happy postings while you wait...

Hm. That wasn't anything like our Falcon! :)  How many people could there be who replace a Jag with a CMax?

Yes JulieB, it was the drive that sold us. I didn't even want to like the CMax over the Prius, but we drove the Ford first and when we were in the Toyota I was thinking, "Are you kidding?!"

Hm. That wasn't anything like our Falcon! :)  How many people could there be who replace a Jag with a CMax?

Yes JulieB, it was the drive that sold us. I didn't even want to like the CMax over the Prius, but we drove the Ford first and when we were in the Toyota I was thinking, "Are you kidding?!"

Hee...that Falcon was, I think a 2005, it's a beauty look it up on Google. I don't think theres one here, but the main reason for Max is due to my job which forces me to do about 400-500 miles a week. My Max is about 3 weeks old and it's already got 1500 on the odo. It was my wife's Jag that got t-boned and it saved her life so now she drives my Jag, plus the fact that it is a Vanden Plas so it's plus, plush, plush but it's a gas pig at 22MPG average. 

When we were looking, we drove the Ford Fusion Hybrid first.  Very nice car, quiet and smooth ride.  Didn't like the 2 level trunk though. Plus I was looking for any reason not to like the Ford, a friend had just recently purchase a Prius C and I was in love with them. She had taken me for a ride in it but I hadn't driven it. After we drove the Fusion, we went that night and she let me drive the Prius. I was still sold on the Prius.  I liked their displays better and I didn't want another mid-size car (was going to be trading a Hyundai XG350L). Plus when I would pull out from a complete stop the ICE kicked in EVERY time in the Fusion.  On our way back into the dealership from driving the Fusion we saw the C-Max but they didn't have one with all the options I was looking at.  They had one that was due in the following week.  Went and test drove it the day it came off the truck.  I was sold! Love this little hunk of a car. Went 475 miles on the first tank of gas and filled up really before I had to. Could have easily done over 500.

Congrats on your new one. Happy Posting!