Touchscreen keeps freezing

Buggs1a

I’ve got a 2013 cmax sel. I’ve had the touchscreen freeze and replaced twice in the last 8 months or so. The touchscreen freezes. Cant change vol etc. shut car off the radio is still on. So battery dies and car is dead. Won’t turn on. This has happened twice this year and happened again today. Each time ford has replaced the acm. They have to again do this.

What’s so bad about this that it keeps breaking? I want the sync 3 head unit but ford won’t do it and the only site I’ve seen is shadey and a complete ripoff.

Anyway I can’t have this keep breaking every few months. So what’s going on?

If dealer replaced ACM twice and you still have issue, the issue is likely not caused by ACM. There are many that have the radio not turn off. Some more than others. Have you tried pulling fuse 79 under glove box when it happens. That should reset whatever is causing the issue and your battery will “live”. It’s happened to me only one time since I purchased the car in Dec. 2012. As fbov has said: “I hate the phrase "They all do that" but they do. Happens to mine every 18 mos., four times in six years.”

The fault that pulling fuse 79 fixes has many different symptoms.  Last evening, the touch-screen feedback noise was off, the volume knob and buttons didn't work, but I could still play music from my phone through bluetooth.  This morning, the BT screen just said "undefined" and I couldn't play anything until I reset the fuse.

Thanks guys. Umm. Can I just replace the HU with one from Car Toys? Or can I get sync 3 cheap somehow? I don’t know if this would help.

I don’t know where this fuse would be. I guess you take something off under the glove box or something?

You can download the Owner's Manual.

See this post and the next post for pic. http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/7719-radio-won’t-turn-off-and-hands-free-doesn’t-work/?p=72987