Quality Check Hold?

sczulu

Our C-Max was supposed to be delivered by the End of the Year, latest update from the dealer was that it was in transit. Then a couple days ago the dealer informed me :

"I did just get an update today that there may be a hold on your vehicle at the plant. Our report is showing it as in transit, but we have not received an update since it was shipped. We just received a notice from Ford that there is a quality check hold on the C-max right now, so it may be part of that. I will try to get more details and get back to you."

Has anybody else experience this or have any details? I don't have much faith in the dealer at this point, as he can't seem to locate the car that I have a $500 deposit on. You'd think the tracking on a $26000 item would  a little more concise.

Getting a little frustrated!

My best guess......Ford is trying to fix the issues in the CMax rolling off the producting line, that people have experienced with the earlier productionruns. Most likely it's for your benefit, to have a less troublesome auto.

I have 1,600 miles on my CMax and my wife and I really love it. I had a "check engine" light appear a week ago that was diagnosed as two defective components; emissions valve and fuel inlet sensor. I'm driving it daily with no issues and scheduled to return to the dealer early in January to repair the defective components. Most likely FORD is fixing these defects in the cars rolling off the production lines now before they are delivered.

Edited by aschofer

• 2 weeks later...
My best guess......Ford is trying to fix the issues in the CMax rolling off the producting line, that people have experienced with the earlier productionruns. Most likely it's for your benefit, to have a less troublesome auto.

I have 1,600 miles on my CMax and my wife and I really love it. I had a "check engine" light appear a week ago that was diagnosed as two defective components; emissions valve and fuel inlet sensor. I'm driving it daily with no issues and scheduled to return to the dealer early in January to repair the defective components. Most likely FORD is fixing these defects in the cars rolling off the production lines now before they are delivered.

Hi guys, was directed here from another forum because of a problem I have with my 2013 Fusion Hybrid. From day one i have had lousy MPG in it, and considering I have driven Hybrids since 2007 starting with a Prius, I have always been able to meet or exceed EPA in them, but not this bugger.

The reason I was sent here is because I have had the car in twice now for a total of 5 days out of service, both times due to poor fuel efficiency, and this last time because of a hard CEL. When they hooked it up it was throwing misfire codes, and when they pulled the plugs they were all carbon fouled.  I had 4500 miles on it when I brought it in the second time, and now it has 4750 miles on it, and new plugs, but no real fix for either the carbon fouling or the poor FE.

I also have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and I can get EPA in that one when I try and actually have the tires at the right air pressure( really need to put some air in them this weekend).

So far all Ford has been saying is the car is reporting the correct MPG in test drives, and drive it some more and see if the plugs foul again.

No attempt to find out why the plugs fouled, and really no concern that my actual MPG is so far off from rated or what the comupter is saying.   Currently its getting 35 MPG.

I drove it all the way to Florida, and never was it able to get more than 38 MPG on the highway, regardless if I was doing 55 or 65, 70 and up, 33 or less. Even in warm 78 degree weather I didnt see expected MPG.  From past cars, in this weather, and the weather I have driven in, 43 MPG is what I expected to see, and have not.  Also my tank fills are all over the place, I topped the tank off tonight after picking it up, stuck as much as I could and the gauge read 1/8th from full.  They said the tank appears to be OK, but I have to fill it slowly or it clicks off, the fewer gallons in the tank at time of fill the worse it gets.

No matter what I try I just cant seem to get this car up to 40 let alone beyond it, but no problem getting the 2010 to 40, even with 200 pounds of horse food in the trunk and going up hill part of the trip.

I dont know about you guys, but a complaint about poor gas mileage and a case of all 4 plugs being carbon fouled should have triggered a red flag that something is not right.

This is similar to the experience I had with my first new hybrid, a 2004 Prius that I bought in late 2003.

That car saw 60+ repair days in 25 months of ownership. Mileage was inconsistent and typically 10 MPG to 15 MPG below the sticker. Many squeaks & rattles. Instrument panel replaced twice. Faulty fuel gauge, also twice. Exterior paint and tape finishes peeled off. Console came apart, also twice. Plastic tail lights melted in the inside and stopped working. Check engine light, countless times. Poor alignment and a highway driving experience that was downright dangerous. It would just lurch across your lane, even after several alignments. I don't recall how many service bulletin jobs and recalls, either, but there were many.

The Toyota dealer staff did what they could, which was say 'sorry' and book another appointment . Fortunately for me, gas prices had spiked, and in December of 2005 there was a waiting list to buy a new Prius. Mine had only 10,000 miles on it and I'd paid $25,000 two years earlier. I got $20,000 in trade and was happy to see it go.

My point is this: Don't make the same mistake that I did. Learn about your state's Lemon Law and exercise your rights if you think the car is defective. In most states, you just have to show that they have tried and failed to fix the same problem at least three times. But you have to document it and then send them a formal request. It's not that hard; you don't need a lawyer. Most makers will offer to refund your money or replace the car if you're patient and follow the process.

Edited by mtberman

mtberman - remember, Toyotas are known for their quality as well, so sorry you had to go thru that and thankful it worked out for you (abliet feeling sorry for the poor soul that bought that car after you).

Lemons are everywhere and as much as the public and internet luv to pin Ford lemons on the boards and shout "LEMON" - it happens to every manufacturer. We owned a 2004 Jaguar XJ8 - brand new in the series with the aluminium body, great car but it was in the shop 20+ times. My wife luved the car so much we didn't lemon it but it had electronic issues which we actually helped Jaguar track down. My last 2007 Jaguar Vanden Plas experienced a severe electronic issue just after I bought it and I was in the middle of wine country to share the car with some close friends and it was an embarrassment. Again, it was fixed and it's been a totally awesome car since then, and thankfully, wasn't a lemon.