Happy Holidays!

valkraider

My mileage dropped to 29 mpg this morning with the 19 degree temps, ice/snow on the road, 35 mph traffic, seat heaters on, rear defroster on high, climate control set to 70, and idling the C-Max to deice the windshield.

I just don't understand how that could happen. :)

Edited by darrelld

My Ice Storm looks green today--too much Christmas candy?? LOL  Merry Christmas everyone.  The Boxing Day crowds are wild today.  We were going to go into Best Buy awhile ago and gave up due to traffic jams.

Darrel I know what you mean.  Super mileage on the warm days and it plummets when you crank up the heat etc on the cold ones.  I wonder if the Prius models are the same?

My Ice Storm looks green today--too much Christmas candy?? LOL  Merry Christmas everyone.  The Boxing Day crowds are wild today.  We were going to go into Best Buy awhile ago and gave up due to traffic jams.

Darrel I know what you mean.  Super mileage on the warm days and it plummets when you crank up the heat etc on the cold ones.  I wonder if the Prius models are the same?

Every hybrid, Lexus models, I have ever driven is like that. Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is worse.

My TDI usually only drops 2-3 mpg under those conditions and I already exceed city EPA by 8 mpg.

Edited by darrelld