New 2017 Energi T owner

renergi

Bought Black C-Max Energi Titanium in August 2019

Hi, everyone, 

Here to maximize my ownership experience. I bought my Energi at Rockwall Ford, Rockwall, TX. It had about 28, 300 mi. on it at time of purchase. Here to mostly learn about technical and maintenance issues as my background lies in electro-mechanical engineering. My thanks in advance to the admn. and moderators of this forum as a valuable resource for owners. 

Welcome!

The forum will be an even greater resource for you when the Energi side is fully available. You may not be aware that the C-max forums, hybrid and plug-in, went dark a few weeks ago, and we're all grateful to have them back. Very grateful. 

With your background, you'll understand the message of this chart. When driving, think in terms of where energy's going and how to preserve what you can't replenish. Although you may want to update battery size, don't... in hybrid mode, we both have the same size HVB. In your EV modes, it's more like there's a second fuel tank in the 6.2KWh of battery capacity you can't recharge while driving. 

post-1320-0-44661800-1541127427_thumb.jpg

The interesting issue with the plug-in involves keeping it fully charged. Li-ion batteries don't like heat or high charge levels. Keeping the car fully charged in a hot garage is not a good thing. Here's a great battery resource. This is the home page, the most popular is "How to prolong life of Li-ion batteries."

https://batteryuniversity.com/

Have fun,

Frank

Edited by fbov