Greetings from Los Angeles

pobodysnerfect

Good Evening, all! I wanted to introduce myself to this wonderful forum. I’m located in Los Angeles and this is my first hybrid, although I’m very familiar with them as I work in the automotive industry. In efforts to save money on fuel, and get a little extra “bang for buck”, I was searching for hybrids and coincidentally, 2 good friends of mine happened to own their own and rather than the Prius route, I opted for the C-Max Hybrid. 

I purchased it, pre-owned and the sole intention was to commute to work. Living in LA, it takes me roughly an hour to travel 18 miles - one way. I figured this would be the perfect balance and I can perhaps enjoy driving again instead of having 3 pedals like my other gas-guzzling cars. 

Let me start by saying I’m in love with this thing. The size of the car and the comfortability factor surpassed my expectations and I’m loving it more than my other cars. I’ve added a few “accessories” to make it more enjoyable and my next step is to upgrade from that 4” display to something larger from factory (if possible). I’ve been doing some research so I’ll know all my options soon hopefully. 

But for now, I wanted to introduce myself to this community and say hello. I’m looking forward to finding good valuable information here! 

609914BD-D4F3-4276-A761-AE4CC4B9F70B.jpeg

Welcome! You're in for a treat; this is a great commuting car, especially in temperate climates. No guilt sitting in traffic; your engine's not running. An early member, Jus-a-Cmax, was a mileage leader due to his long slow commute. Look at Paul's thread's (ptjones) on technique and car set up for best efficiency. Tire pressure and ethanol make a difference. 

Have fun,

Frank

On 1/14/2020 at 7:48 PM, fbov said:

Welcome! You're in for a treat; this is a great commuting car, especially in temperate climates. No guilt sitting in traffic; your engine's not running. An early member, Jus-a-Cmax, was a mileage leader due to his long slow commute. Look at Paul's thread's (ptjones) on technique and car set up for best efficiency. Tire pressure and ethanol make a difference. 

Have fun,

Frank

Thanks for the warm welcome, Frank! 

I saw a few of ptjones’ videos and found it some techniques helpful! One thing I did apply was the tire pressure. On a full tank (I’ve only filled up twice since I purchased it), I seem to be getting a hair over 500 miles to the tank. That’s already twice as much as I would with my other car so I’ll take that! Haha! I’ll compare the difference on this new full tank with 50psi tire pressures as opposed to the factory specs. 

My main reason of my purchase was for comfort. I like the feeling of just getting into a car and going without thinking too much. Another contributing factor is parking. I can park it anywhere without having much fear of it being stolen or worry too much about door dings, which is my number 1 pet-peeve! 

Only real thing that bugs me right now is that small 4” basic Sync! I’ve tried searching but haven’t had much luck. What I’d want is the factory 8” display set up but it seems like it’s not possible from what I’ve been reading so I’m trying to figure out more options..