MFT 3.10 vs 3.06 - should I update?

I actually like Sync 2 a lot, having the interface laid out in quadrants and with some manual knobs and buttons is great.  My only complaint is that the hardware seems underpowered - it takes too long for screen updates. 

Competitors products like Entune don't seem as polished.  I tried using Sync 3 and hated it - it was faster but I found myself constantly having to look away from the road to read the screen and figure out what to push. I also spent 10 minutes trying to speak a nav destination in a different state.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:04 AM, jestevens said:

I actually like Sync 2 a lot, having the interface laid out in quadrants and with some manual knobs and buttons is great.

Agreed.  I like the Sync 2 interface and Sync 3.6.2 was working.  ONLY reason I upgraded was to rule out current Sync 2 software or hw programming causing a suspected parasitic draw issue.  It is well known that certain modules in the C-Max can have this issue.  Now if I get a dead starting battery again, at least I've ruled out old software as the issue.  As for 3.10 improvements, I have noticed faster on/off and faster screen refresh since I did the update.  Other than this, not much has changed.

• 3 months later...

I just updated my 2013 Ford Explorer to 3.10 and now I can't have 2 phones connected simultaneously. I used to be able to have my S9+ phone only and my Niece's IPhone 11 as a media player only. I was running 4.30.13171 but the update put it to 3.10.16180. I feel like it went backwards.

I just updated my 2013 Ford Explorer to 3.10 and now I can't have 2 phones connected simultaneously. I used to be able to have my S9+ phone only and my Niece's IPhone 11 as a media player only. I was running 4.30.13171 but the update put it to 3.10.16180. I feel like it went backwards.