Oregon C-Max here

Nascar36

I bought an SEL Cmax about a month ago. I am only averaging 33mpg. I'm very disappointed with the MPG being so low. The dealership just said the mileage will get better with time. I'm now up to 4300 mles & am still in the 33-35 mpg average. I can get it only doing that on the freeway a 70. I don't get it around town & trips doing 55-60? Frustrated with mine

I bought an SEL Cmax about a month ago. I am only averaging 33mpg. I'm very disappointed with the MPG being so low. The dealership just said the mileage will get better with time. I'm now up to 4300 mles & am still in the 33-35 mpg average. I can get it only doing that on the freeway a 70. I don't get it around town & trips doing 55-60? Frustrated with mine

Hang in there. With every tank of fuel, I gain about 5 mpg. I am not sure if the car is breaking in, I am changing my driving habits, or a combination of both, but it gets better every tank of gas. It's kind of weird, but it is not uncommon for me to be able to stay in ev mode 10 to 15 miles of my 20 mile commute. When I first got it, I could only stay in ev mode when coasting down hills. Again, I am not sure what has changed, but something has. Try to drive in empower mode, it will help you a lot.

The hot issues like mileage and driving tips are well covered here, but there are numerous smaller issues on here too, some of which I have found to be very helpful.  For instance, I thought something was wrong with my foot activated liftgate, but it turns out if the doors are locked it takes 2 foot swipes to open it.  Another is the discovery of the weather map available thru Sirius....its nice to find a great feature you didn't even know you had.  Just say "weather map" and there it is.

Both of those items  I learned about on this forum.