Dealers avoiding servicing 2013 Hybrid?

LoricG1

This is probably a dumb question - but is there some reason Ford dealerships would be avoiding servicing a 2013 cmax hybrid SEL? 

I can’t get any of my local Ford dealerships to call me back or respond to emails about scheduling service for an Advancetrac warning. Tried calling today and when I went through the prompts to connect to the service department - I  could heard the phone being picked up and then was promptly hung up on. I haven’t had any kind of exchange or contact with these dealerships prior or anything. 

I’m at a loss. Can I just bring this issue to most corner shops and have it fixed reasonably? 

I've got a 2013 C-MAX Energi. For whatever reason, dealers can be nervous about working on this vehicle. It's worth checking around. I've also had good luck with a trusted local Ford/Mazda repair shop for a couple of things that would have been far more expensive at the dealer.

Advancetrac is likely used on all Ford vehicles.  Is the warning a message or light?  When do you get the message / light?  Is Check Engine light on?  Where are you located? Is traction control disabled or on? Do you notice issues with the performance when you get the message? Do you have an Energi?

I would think most good independent shops can trouble shoot the issue.   Go to Autozone and they can / should scan your car for diagnostic trouble codes.  However, their code readers may not scan all modules in the car but should at least scan the PCM and ABS module.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 10:05 AM, LoricG1 said:

This is probably a dumb question - but is there some reason Ford dealerships would be avoiding servicing a 2013 cmax hybrid SEL? 

I can’t get any of my local Ford dealerships to call me back or respond to emails about scheduling service for an Advancetrac warning. Tried calling today and when I went through the prompts to connect to the service department - I  could heard the phone being picked up and then was promptly hung up on. I haven’t had any kind of exchange or contact with these dealerships prior or anything. 

I’m at a loss. Can I just bring this issue to most corner shops and have it fixed reasonably? 

I bought a 2016 used from a dealer, and they don't even want to call me back for service. I have to say that Covid has messed everything up.....my salesman was laid off....but why the dealership does not want to speak with me, I am not sure. (They owed me  sale repair and never did it....I think they know they screwed up)