Lift kit

Just acquired a 2013 Cmax SEL that had been purchased new by my parents. This is going to be an extra car for us, I imagine I will use it to save money over my current daily that only gets about 20mpg. As it is on the ford global c platform, I am looking at spacers to lift it about 1" to allow larger tires to fit. Most c platform spacers seem to be aimed at the focus, but I imagine they should fit on the cmax as they share a platform. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks!

I plan to use this as the car we use for camping and light off roading (think forest access roads to be able to get to more remote campsites, not actual off roading/rock crawling). Seems to be a lot more all-terrain/on road tire options in the 215/60/R16  and 216/65/R16 range. Going to put some 16" wheels and larger tires on, thinking adding .75" of lift should provide enough clearance to avoid any rubbing issues. The tires will undoubtedly be heavier than stock tires, but the wheels will be a little lighter than the factory wheels, so overall the weight increase should be minimal. I'm sure there will be a slight aerodynamic compromise being a little higher in the air, but I don't anticipate a huge mpg decrease. My current car gets about 20mpg AND requires premium gas, so as long as I can get 30+ and don't have to use premium, the savings should be significant and it has a lot more cargo room than my daily! I found this guy from Alaska in another car group I am in who has done a similar small lift and tire change on his Cmax to run beefier winter tires 

image.png.0f700f33eb6a2eab1c55200464d2a124.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Please let us know if that worked out. I moved to a more rural area and boy is my c-max not fitted for those driveways. I *think* even at stock height you can up the tire size one notch to 235/50R17, and the lift kit would give it that extra but of clearance to avoid scraping off the fabric(!?) under the car* 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 12:25 PM, sparktocmax said:

For those still interested, the Tema4x4 lift kit on eBay / Amazon installed fine and gave a decent lift, no longer scraping at splaces it used to! I think this car should have been this height from the beginning. 

D199A1D9-4BF5-405A-8577-40233F7EE257.jpeg

That looks good! Was that the 20mm or the 30mm kit?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 2:25 PM, sparktocmax said:

For those still interested, the Tema4x4 lift kit on eBay / Amazon installed fine and gave a decent lift, no longer scraping at splaces it used to! I think this car should have been this height from the beginning. 

D199A1D9-4BF5-405A-8577-40233F7EE257.jpeg

Looks great, not too agressive .. have you noticed any reduction in performance (read: cornering, range/fuel economy)?