Map gone after Sync update, 2013 Cmax hybrid

I had car in for service at end of Feb. They did 19K03 (Sync with Myford and Mylincoln Touch).

I have never paid for any Sync services, but we use the maps all the time. When I picked the car up the maps were no longer working and they had me bring it back in a couple times to look at it. Then Covid came so I didn’t go back till yesterday. They redid that 19K03, but the maps are still not working. Now the dealership is telling me that the Sync is no longer supported and maps will no longer work. 
I can’t believe I’m the only one who cares??  I don’t think this is happening to everyone. Anyone??

The map data for Sync 2 cars is stored on an SD Card that is usually plugged into the media hub inside the armrest console .. perhaps your SD card is missing or not inserted correctly?  It it is missing I would go back to the dealership and ask them if they removed it to keep the data safe during the upgrade.  To get an officially licensed copy of maps (A10+) costs $200 -- copies on eBay, etc. cost significantly less but may be counterfeit/illegal.

I have both the A3 and A4 SD cards. Neither does anything. I was told the latest is A11. 
Thank you for the replies!
I talked to three people at Ford and two people at HERE Technology (Map producer) yesterday. The last person at Ford said I have to go back to the dealership and I was asking if I could talk to someone else or if she had another recommendation for a different dealership because they were very clear with me that they could do nothing. She hung up on me ☹️

I will try with the guy at the dealership again today with your comments. Thank you so much!

Edited by andeeca

I believe your issue might be that the A4 card is an “early level” navigation card and thus may not work.   Dealer should have got approval from Ford to install the latest card if that is the case. (see 19k03.  below).  Good luck, because 19k03 software upgrade expired July 17, 2020 and dealer might not be able to get approval now or want to pay for it themselves.  If this is the issue and dealer will not provide it at no charge, open a case with Ford that dealer failed to provide the latest SD card per 19k03.

6A27BBFA-B9A5-471A-81D2-2E02CDF304EC.png

Edited by plus 3 golfer

Ok, I finally located what I recalled reading months ago about A4 not working (link below). This is what dealer told owner “I took my '14 F150 Limited to a local Ford dealership and had them update the ECM, BCM, and SYNC in April of 2018 as the SYNC update was free and I figured I would get this done while doing the other two chasing fuel mileage issues (still not great) and battery charging issues (fixed).

When I picked my truck up they said that my A4 nav card would not work with the update and that I needed to buy a new one at $199. I politely declined figuring i would just get one online at a later date being I use my iphone for navigation.”

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13211&sid=6ae44c025b0c3be8c2603ac27d73bb86

Edited by plus 3 golfer

I went in yesterday and they tried an A6 and an A7.  Nothing.  Salesman came out and said that the car was sold with Sync, but not Nav???

We had the EQUIPMENT GROUP 301A, PREMIUM AUDIO AND NAVIGATION.

The only reason we got that is because it included navigation, neither of us listen to music so the speakers meant nothing to us.

(My upgrade is to Sync 2,   3.11)

Edited by andeeca

7 hours ago, andeeca said:

I went in yesterday and they tried an A6 and an A7.  Nothing.  Salesman came out and said that the car was sold with Sync, but not Nav???

We had the EQUIPMENT GROUP 301A, PREMIUM AUDIO AND NAVIGATION.

The only reason we got that is because it included navigation, neither of us listen to music so the speakers meant nothing to us.

(My upgrade is to Sync 2,   3.11)

I’m not an expert in this but in the link below (and the link from above) a lot of people have investigated the APIM, As Built Data, and the MicroSoft software for Sync 2 with respect to navigation.  The bolded / underlined / italic text above is telling.   If the ABD for navigation gets changed / corrupted (including checksum) in the APIM, recovering  from this appears to be above the “dealer pay grade” as vehicle may indicate car never had navigation.  Dealer can access  Ford ETIS which will  show how the car was originally equipped (with / without navigation).  I don’t believe the Ford ETIS can be changed.  So, dealer must have screwed up since you had navigation and now you don’t.  From what I have read in other forums, it appears sometimes the APIM needs to be replaced to recover navigation.  

You should also go back to dealer and ask for a printout from ETIS showing the ABD.  This is what the salesman / tech should have used to determine how car was originally equipped. 

Again, I would open a case with Ford directly to resolve issue.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/general/myford-touch-hack-enable-features-t3321397

If you have the 301 package you SHOULD have NAV enabled -- if they didn't program it that way they should reprogram it for you..

301A adds:

Navigation system with 3D and voice

Nine Sony upgraded speakers

Sony audio system digital radio

302A adds:

Power liftgate

Rear cam&radar parking distance sensors

Hands-free liftgate

Includes 301A Equipment Group

303A adds:

Front radar parking distance sensors

Parking assistance: Fully automatic for front parking and rear parking

Includes 302A Equipment Group

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate you all.  I went to Sunshine Ford in Fontana instead today.  They said it must have been upgraded with the wrong software  package and took it in.  I sure hope this works!!

UPDATE:  Just picked it up and it works!!  

Here's what's on the paperwork.  VERIFIED NAVIGATION APP.  NOT INSTALLED.  REPROGRAMMED AYN AND ATTEMPT TO LOAD NAV. APP. SO SELECTION PRESENT.  CONTACT TECH HOTLINE 117738222.  AS PER HOTLINE.  " ERROR WITH APP. ON SYNC SERVER.  RE INSTALLED NAVIGATION ON VEH.  RETEST, OK.

Again, thank you to everyone!

Edited by andeeca