Lifetime MPG

Adair

I believe the only way to reset the lifetime values is to press and hold OK (for 5+ seconds, until the meter bar fills to the right) on the Lifetime Summary screen that shows when turning off the vehicle. Supposedly this also clears the EV+ destinations and forces the vehicle to learn your frequent destinations again. I haven't done this reset myself yet, so I can't speak from personal experience.

• 2 months later...

:sos: So I know how to do it, I just can't decide if I want to do it or not. 1990 mi on car. The car just came back from the dealer (one month) after the battery "fix" that everyone has been talking about.  I've been getting 40-50 mpg now.  So should I or shouldn't I?  Discuss. :sos:

--Marty

I believe the only way to reset the lifetime values is to press and hold OK (for 5+ seconds, until the meter bar fills to the right) on the Lifetime Summary screen that shows when turning off the vehicle. Supposedly this also clears the EV+ destinations and forces the vehicle to learn your frequent destinations again. I haven't done this reset myself yet, so I can't speak from personal experience.

I have no idea if that would work and I have no intention of resetting my LIFETIME values so I am not going to try it. 

I have been using AVG MPG and trip odometer 1 for each tank of gas.  I have never reset trip odometer 2 so it gives LIFETIME values to me except that I have noticed that EV miles on the trip odometer only goes up to 999 so my trip odometer 2 says I have only 902 EV miles when I actually have 1,902 EV miles.  I am curious about how high the miles can go on the trip odometer - my trip odo 2 says 4,653 no so it can at least go to 9,999.

Per page 105 of the owner's manual:

Trip Summary and Lifetime Summary: These will be displayed upon

shutting off the vehicle. Trip Summary will appear first, then Lifetime

Summary will be displayed. You can toggle between these displays using

the up and down arrow keys on the left hand steering wheel controls.

Trip Summary data is from the last power cycle, while Lifetime Summary

data is cumulative from the last Lifetime Summary reset done through

the Settings menu in the message center.

So to reset the LIFETIME values -  use the controls on the left side of the steering wheel and the small screen to the left of the speedometer - select SETTINGS then DISPLAY then LIFETIME SUMMARY then press and hold OK to reset the LIFETIME values.

• 6 years later...