Myfordmobile android app remote start help

Hey guys,

I'm a new owner of a 2017 Cmax Energi SE.  I need help with the remote start feature via the MyFordMobile android app. When I tap the remote start icon (while inside the car and no key in the ignition), the doors lock, turn signals light up, and the defroster turns on.  As I press the switch on the shifter, the left instrument cluster says "To drive: Press Brake and Start Button".  My car is not equiped with a push to start button.  Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it possible to drive the vehicle using the MyFordMobile app without the key in the ignition?  If so, what is the "Start Button" on the SE models?

TIA, 

George

• 1 month later...

A bit late of a response, but no. You cannot drive away just on the remote start function alone. That would be a HUGE safety/security risk. You will need to use your key as you would normally to 'start' the vehicle and it'll take over from the remote start. I imagine the message you see is just a minor glitch but ultimately it's telling you what I mentioned here.

EDIT: Even for those of us with push-button/keyless start, we need to start the car normally to drive it, using the exact directions as indicated on the dash in your picture. It won't permit driving away with just the remote start active even though technically it should be able to see the key inside the cabin. This isn't a Tesla.

Edited by cr08