USAToday: Low 2012 gas prices will evaporate this year

C-MaxJaxon

Not directly C-Max related, but higher gas prices help return the extra cost of a hybrid. I admit to being slightly disappointed that gas prices have been so low since I got mine. I want my savings now! Screw the people who own guzzlers! ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/04/gasoline-prices-starting-to-rise-again/1810175/

"Gasoline prices, which hit a 2012 low of $3.22 a gallon Dec. 19, are up 8 cents in the past two weeks and will likely continue climbing through April."

Well I don't really complain when it has been up over $6.00 a gallon for regular as that is the only time I see the dumb ass drivers start to slow down a little.  We seem to have very little traffic enforcement over the past 10 years, and now we have a society of speeders, tailgaters, no one stopping for amber lights.  When the prices were above $6.00 a gallon, I did see people slowing down. We just had two women joggers wearing head lamps and reflective gear run over a block from me  in a crosswalk by a hit and run asshole speeder.  And I have to say the worst speeders around here are the soccer mom types in their SUV's with their kids in the car.

That is sad. They will catch that person, there's damage done so the investigators can track that with the repair shops and that person is going to jail. I hope the 2 joggers survived? I really hate that as I run so I know the dangers of running on roads or near them.

When the prices were peaking here, it was great....let me tell you why...cause the freeways and roads were suddenly free of cars. Our 405 is a north south that runs from the San Fernando to the west vallley, bevery hills, santa monica and it's the highway from hell at peak hours. If you did 5mph going up or down that hill, you were speeding and did it feel good to suddenly be able to drive at "normal" speeds up and down that hill. Woohoo...but now, alas.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I have seen back to back articles in the news claiming AAA says gas prices will drop in 2013 and that AAA says gas prices will increase in 2013.

All I know is I would be happy if the USA would stop subsidizing the oil industry and we started paying the real cost of gasoline. $6 or $7 gallons of gas might finally get people to stop wasting. But then I thought $4 gas would do that and yet I still saw people sitting in their vehicles idling in parking lots and people will still drive large SUVs through drive-up windows sitting in line with the engine running for 10 minutes to avoid getting out of the car for a hamburger...

The joggers did survive.  One with brain injury though.  Fascinating what they find out with the cameras there are at major intersections.  They showed the camera footage, and the guy who hit them stopped, ran back and looked at them, touched one of them  and then ran to a white SUV, and then got out and milled around when bystanders stopped to help them.  One citizen copied down his license number because he was acting so oddly.  The odd thing about the case is that they never released his name after they arrested him and confiscated his SUV.  Said something about him going to court in May.  Usually they report the name of the suspect in cases like this.  I speculate that he is a local politician as we have a Provincial election coming up in late May.  I think there is a bit of a cover up.

When gas prices rocket here, people slow down for a short time and then promptly get right back to speeding about a month after they adjust to the new high prices.  I just went outside because I could hear a helicopter circling.  Another med evac happened about a mile away with a 3 car crash.  Just saw footage on the news--more dumb assess speeding in all likelihood.

Hey thanks for the update on the accident, will say a prayer for the brain injured jogger...thats pure heart break there. Hopefully the press is more free over there and nail this SOB. That just infuriates me, as bad as Benghazi.

I use to think LA was bad but it sounds like you take the cake for now. Anyway, I am off to grab some Chinese food in Max, should be another 50+MPG run here (sssssshhhhh don't tell that to these websites cause I didn't get the memo that our Maxs can't do anything above 40....sssssshhh).