Picking up new C-Max this morning

wamba2000

Sorry to hear about what you're going thru Rachel - that was one reason why I did not want to go thru the order process, something always happen. As it was, I picked up one from Galpin's lot and it was perfect. Not initially as I thought it was overloaded with the nav and parking assist but you know what, I LUV  these extra features. If you were here in the "other" LA, I would have no hesitation in sending you to Galpin...they just rock!

Keep us all updated we're all pulling for yer - you're truly a bright happy poster,  :wub2:  your postings girl!!!!!!

I have news.

I got VIN numbers for the cars! Natasha said they should be built in 3-4 weeks. I sure wish they would explain the hold up.

I am excited and dreading telling my dad. He hasn't been thrilled either with the whole ordeal either. If it takes this long to get the car ordering from November, just think how long a new order will take. My dad told me while we were looking at cars this would probably be his last car. :( I want him to hurry and enjoy it! Maybe now they will come in together? It would be nice for them to cut some off the price for all the hassle but I must be dreaming.

Thanks everyone!

Rachel if you look at mtberman's post today under time to delivery, you will see he bailed on his special order and got a dealer to find what he wanted.  He ordered at the end of November and had a build date for the 3rd week in January.  So I guess your situation isn't the only one with a huge delay.  Sounds like his dealer had to do a trade with another dealer to get what he wanted.

WAHOOOO Rachel!! Do you have the link to pull up the window sticker and get the actual build date? That's when it gets really exciting! I'm not that far from Dearborn....Wonder if I could drive it down for you? I love Louisiana!   :hysterical:

Congrats on the great news!!

Rachel,

Well, I got my VIN # within 10 days of the order, (mid to end of October)  but I didn't know about looking up the window sticker until the middle of November. I looked it up on 11.22.12, it said it would be build on 11.24.12, and I drove it home on 11.29.12..............now I only live about 40 miles from where it was built, so that's not a totally fair comparison, but.................Here's hoping that yours moves smoothly from now on, and by, oh, maybe, SuperBowl, you'll be tooling around in your new C-Max!!

Oh, and what kind of wine does your dad make?

I was told they would be built in 3-4 weeks. One week almost down hahahaha.

My dealer texted to say they had ORDER NUMBERS. hello? I am steps ahead of you. I have the vins. Poor things.

The joke in our family between siblings is we will inherit the winery. We joke with company we will take them on a tour and free samples at the end. Had family come from Alabama, I think there were a few cases sampled. Poo yi! Good times.

• 3 weeks later...
I am very happy, I can't wait to see it. Picking up today at 2:00 pm.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/gallery/image/267-my-new-c-max-just-arrive/

Good stuff Roggie...enjoy the excitement and driving it, its well worth the wait. Come summer, it should be full steam on the MPGs (I still see snow in the background there).

PS Did you actually wait for that delivery truck there....mate, thats dedication and in the cold as well  :rockon: