Main Hybrid Battery question

METROMAN

So I picked up this low mileage 2018 Titanium Cmax, and have driven it about 300 miles so far. The dash board battery indicator shows it to only be operating in what looks to be the 30 to 60 percent range. I have yet to see it go any higher than 60%. My older model Cmax would indicate up to 100%. Is this how the newer models operate, or should I be worried? I also noted this newer model doesn't show when the battery is discharging or charging. The older one had up and down arrows. This one has nothing except the spinning regeneration circles.

On very long downgrades, using Hill Assist (shifter button), I found the HVB filled up, then regen braking backed off presumably because there was no place to put it. The indicator would fill the tip of the battery icon. Then, friction braking to the bottom. 

I did spend the vast majority of my time with HVB in the 30-60% range... it's the nature of the application as an energy buffer for engine, terrain and traffic. 

Frank

On 3/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, homestead said:

What does it do if you go on an extended downgrade?  Does it ever fully charge?

My 2013 SEL Hybrid fully charges.

Went on a long drive today, and actually saw it go to 100% on a long downhill. I read on the fusion hybrid site that ppl there are seeing the same thing I initially mentioned. I guess the later models just tend to operate in the 30-60% range.