Happy Ice Storm owner

C-Maxgo

I love this color! It changes with the weather. When it's gray outside I've been told that it looks green. I like to think that it's blue plus I'm a painter so I don't see it. For those non-painters colors are not black and white but maybe a dark or light grey. When It's sunny outside it is a baby blue. I haven't actually seen it against snow yet though. Here's a funny story...when I went to the dealership to buy mine the weather forecast was for an icy mix. I'm not superstitious but I think it was a sign that I should buy it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I`m ordering a 2014 C-MAX next week.  The Order Guides just arrived indicating absolutely "ZERO" changes for MY 2014.  Nada, not a different exterior color choice or option additions or deletions.  Only the VIN # will differentiate the 2013 form 2014.  Thought the Rear View Camera Monitor would become standard equipment like in other MY 2014 Ford Vehicles but guess they are saving that for the MY 2015 refresh.  I`m torn between the Ruby Red and the Ice Storm.  Since my 2011 Ford Fiesta is Candy Red Metallic a few shades lighter then the Ruby Red, I`m going with the Ice Storm and saving the Paint Up charge.  Wish they still offered the Paint Color "Frozen Glass" similar to Ice Storm but more Greenish.  Ford only kept it for MY 2013 Escape and its been dropped for MY 2014 Escape too.

I guess no Titanium then. :sad:   What is the expected delivery date?

I`m ordering a 2014 C-MAX next week.  The Order Guides just arrived indicating absolutely "ZERO" changes for MY 2014.  Nada, not a different exterior color choice or option additions or deletions.  Only the VIN # will differentiate the 2013 form 2014.  Thought the Rear View Camera Monitor would become standard equipment like in other MY 2014 Ford Vehicles but guess they are saving that for the MY 2015 refresh.  I`m torn between the Ruby Red and the Ice Storm.  Since my 2011 Ford Fiesta is Candy Red Metallic a few shades lighter then the Ruby Red, I`m going with the Ice Storm and saving the Paint Up charge.  Wish they still offered the Paint Color "Frozen Glass" similar to Ice Storm but more Greenish.  Ford only kept it for MY 2013 Escape and its been dropped for MY 2014 Escape too.

Congratulations!  I really love my Ice Storm color.  I also loved the Frozen Glass color on the Escape but now after looking at my color and comparing it to the Frozen Glass I like mine better.  It changes with the amount of sunlight and cloud cover so that's an added bonus.  It also looks clean when it's dirty like a white car.  

• 2 weeks later...

Love the colour Ice storm and as others have said it changes with the light. Had someone comment to me about how green it was the other day then he walked to the other side and remarked how blue it was. Just goes to show how much the colour does change.

Cheers,

Bruce

Thats the Paint Color I`m going to order despite the fact that I much prefer the discontinued similar Paint Color Frosted Glass that kept its "Greenish" hue regardless of what sunlight it was in.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!  I want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences with Ice Storm.  I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my car and was starting to doubt my color choice.  Every photo I saw looked different and I was worried I made a mistake.  After reading your posts, I am reassured.  And I never considered that it would look clean when dirty - that's a bonus.  Any day now...

• 1 month later...

I took delivery of my 2013 Ford SE C-MAX 2 weeks ago also in Ice Storm.  Like it a lot especially with the Light Stone Cloth Interior.  Got the 202A Sirius/XM Satellite Radio Package with the fancy larger MFT Display Screen too.  I agree, why they switched from "Frosted Glass" that had a much more greenish hue to the "Ice Storm" that looks greenish in cloudy conditions and bluish in the Sun in beyond me.  Still attractive but Frosted Glass would have been my choice.  Last Ford Vehicle to offer Frosted Glass was 2013 MY Ford Escape.  That color has now been retired, period!  I would have opted for the Ruby Red but I just traded in a 2011 Fiesta in Candy Red Metallic which was too similar.  LIked the Tuxedo Black Metallic too but I was`nt ready to wash daily as required to make it look attractive all the time.  Ice Storm looks good even when needing a trip to the Car Wash.

• 11 months later...

I think this color is my favorite color of all the cars I've owned -- Red, blue, silver, orange (don't ask), black... Ice Storm is SO much better.

But color is highly subjective (heck, we don't even know that anyone sees color the same way any other person does).  What I like about it is that it's subtle yet colorful, and infinitely changing in the various light (it also matches our house color, as a friend noticed :>).  

Still, the bottom line is that it IS your wife's choice -- and she chose you (so never dispute her choices <g>).

Just to make things interesting, my wife managed to get me three shirts that I'd term grey, blue and green. Based on this thread, you'll understand my delight that the green shirt (which I am wearing now) is darn close to Ice Storm, so much so that I have to dig out the blue one to convince her (a color conscious graphic designer, btw) and my daughter that I'm not wearing a blue shirt. Seems green to me all the time now... and so does the car!

Frank