Highest MPG CMax Club (minimum 500 miles)

Jus-A-CMax

Now THAT IS DEDICATION folks!  :congrats:  you go to the top of the pile...51.9MPGs  :thumbsup:

A neighbor across the street from my house must have thought; "drunk again, that idiot can't even find his own house." No I just wanted to be sure I had the 500 miles and took a longer way home but still came up a tenth short. I would have had 53 to 54 mpg but these 90 degree days and AC on 71 to 74 all the time hurts the mpg.

Way to go Charles!!! (Funny, your screen name popped into my head on the way home tonite, for no reason at all...........and here you are with a fantastic report!!) ****playing the Twilight Zone theme in my head*****

Adair, thanks for the good words. I have not had any updates done to my car yet so when I get them I might do better.

A neighbor across the street from my house must have thought; "drunk again, that idiot can't even find his own house." No I just wanted to be sure I had the 500 miles and took a longer way home but still came up a tenth short. I would have had 53 to 54 mpg but these 90 degree days and AC on 71 to 74 all the time hurts the mpg.

Hey Charles, keep those numbers up and you'll hit the 700 mark....jus sayin ;)

cgul, any way to keep your A/C at 73-74 instead of 71-74?

the lower end of your range will hurt the mpg alot. see how high you can tolerate and still be comfortable to try and save a few mpgs.

Salsaguy, I keep mine in that range most of the time, 73 being the most used. Before the C-Max I had a 2010 Fusion Hybrid which was white with the tan interior and AC would hurt its mpg double what it does to the C-Max. When I got this sterling gray with black interior I thought it would be hard to cool so I had the windows tinted as dark as I could and be legal in Alabama. It must have helped a lot as the C-Max AC cools very well. I am not concerned about the small cost of running AC but do like to see high mpg numbers. Edited by cgul

I took this picture last week and just occurred to me to post.

post-1092-0-46885100-1374898773_thumb.jpg

Best so far. But so hard keeping the blue EV bar. Can't want for the new update! :)

This is driving 12 miles each way with 50/50 L.A. Mid city (Washington Blvd?) streets and 10 fwy.

I took this picture last week and just occurred to me to post.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Best so far. But so hard keeping the blue EV bar. Can't want for the new update! :)

This is driving 12 miles each way with 50/50 L.A. Mid city (Washington Blvd?) streets and 10 fwy.

xanotos, I added you to the club but something does not look right to me...you have 65%EV (328.1 miles out of your 503.2 miles is EV) and I know your area pretty well and the 36.4MPG doesn't seem right to me as I think your Avg MPG for those miles is MUCH HIGHER  ;)  but I cannot tell you since there is no figure for gas used.

I suspect what you are showing us in the attached picture is a MyView and that Avg MPG which I suspect you have not reset since you purchased your car. 

Next time when you fill up the tank, make sure you reset Trip 1 or Trip 2 computer and get a picture from there because that will give use the Avg MPG for that tank.

Nice going though for a car so young :rockon:

Just found it.

Well I think the problem with that is that I have a lead foot. :)

I'll usually step on it and then coast the rest of the way until the next signal light.

Can't wait to finally get the call from the dealer to get that vacuum canister replaced that's causing my check engine light to come on!

I'm going to do a full reset to REALLY see my MPG's :)

post-1092-0-98980900-1374901307_thumb.jpg

Edited by xanotos

scuba, do all can speed settings kick in the ice? can you do a comparison and post the kwh used for each fan speed setting (using the special accessory load screen on the dash) so we can see how much and where it changes the most and which setting is the best bang for the buck.

in my Passat i try to use 73 deg and recirc mode and speed of 1 or 2 at the most to try to minimize the fuel used.

i have tinted windows and crack them and the sun roof during the day to let some heat out. i use all windows down trick when i get in then need max ac to start then do as described above with 1-2 fan setting.

I find that 73 with fan speed 3 works pretty well.  If I need to, fan speed 4 does the trick, but it will reduce the FE a bit more.

Edited by salsaguy

We all new it was only a matter of time! Way to go Jus!!!

I am just waiting for the other big boyz to find and this club...frbill, snitGTS, Matt and seth and then I was going to throw up my number :) Those guys will come in big as well...

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I am just waiting for the other big boyz to find and this club...frbill, snitGTS, Matt and seth and then I was going to throw up my number :) Those guys will come in big as well...

Oops.............sorry! I guess the challenge is on now.....

Hope this works!!!

attachicon.gifHPIM0178.JPG

Whew, now Coolmax can be filled up!

:congrats:  welcome to the High MPG club.

If you are interested....you are eligible for the 600+ Mile CMax club as well....assuming those miles are all done in a single tank of gas. Since its an honor system, drop a post here: 600+ Mile C-Max Club

Adair can add you in ;)