Some things I've noticed

bigalpha

I commute 3 hours a day (1.5 hrs to work and 1.5 hours from work).  It's about 150 miles round trip; uphill to work and downhill from work.  I usually drive to work and my wife usually drives home.  Speeds vary between 50-75 both ways.  We do about 77mph on the interstate and 67mph on the highways.

I have 54 fill ups over 19,167.9 miles, starting 22 JUN 13.  

I have found that my pump mpgs are 2-3mpg lower than the car records.  This is true even if I use different pumps.

My mpgs don't change with A/C usage.

My mpgs don't change with heat usage.

My mpgs don't change with headlights usage.

My mpgs don't change with temperature.

My mpgs don't change between ECO and non-ECO cruise.

My mpgs don't change with different drivers.

My mpgs don't change if I vary my speeds a few mph.

I believe that AC and heat usage doesn't change my mpgs because I'm already running the gas motor on the interstate so the car isn't having to kick the motor on needlessly.  Not sure why there's no difference between ECO and non-ECO cruise usage, though.

Also, the visors suck balls.

*edit*

I wonder if my mpgs would bump up if I could fabricate a tent between the fender and the side view mirrors.

Edited by bigalpha

Are you still happy with your cmax?

I saw an ad for a diesel beamer that is rated 45 mpg highway. I think it was like a 3 series, four door sedan type.

Of course diesel has more energy per gallon and often costs more.

But, if you only wanted highway efficiency you could get a smaller conventional car to save money overall.

Do you use your own tire gauge?

I realized the one built into the public airhose I used a few times was not accurate.. At least compared to the gauge I had in my cat.

Yes, I use my own digital gauge. I recently bought 4 of the same brand and model. 1 for my car, 1 for my motorcycle, 1 for my tire machine and 1 for a spare in the garage. I have a few analog gauges as well, but I prefer the digitals over them.  When I verified my cars mpg capability using it as only a hybrid, I was able to get 54 mpg. That was new with less than 500 miles on the ICE and matched my tests with the dealers demo for 4 hours of driving. My ICE has about 1400 miles now. I changed my oil @ 500 ICE miles and brought the tire pressures up to 51 psi. I've never retested after breaking in the motor and changing tire pressures, but I think it will be at least another 1500 ICE miles before the motor has completed the break-in period.

The best I was able to get with my 2013 Prius C, was 53 mpg under the same conditions, but with the higher pressures and more ICE break-in time. It had 4000 miles on the car and probably 3500+ ICE miles with 46 PSI.  The C-Max has proven to be the better car overall and with better MPG's too.  My Energi is the SEL trim. The Prius C was a craker box on wheels and had very limited EV time.

I've also noticed after the 1400 miles on the ICE and using the Royal Purple 0W20 full synthetic, my ICE is very quiet when

it kicks on.. :wub2:

Edited by drdiesel1

Yes, I use my own digital gauge. I recently bought 4 of the same brand and model. 1 for my car, 1 for my motorcycle, 1 for my tire machine and 1 for a spare in the garage. I have a few analog gauges as well, but I prefer the digitals over them. When I verified my cars mpg capability using it as only a hybrid, I was able to get 54 mpg. That was new with less than 500 miles on the ICE and matched my tests with the dealers demo for 4 hours of driving. My ICE has about 1400 miles now. I changed my oil @ 500 ICE miles and brought the tire pressures up to 51 psi. I've never retested after breaking in the motor and changing tire pressures, but I think it will be at least another 1500 ICE miles before the motor has completed the break-in period.

The best I was able to get with my 2013 Prius C, was 53 mpg under the same conditions, but with the higher pressures and more ICE break-in time. It had 4000 miles on the car and probably 3500+ ICE miles with 46 PSI. The C-Max has proven to be the better car overall and with better MPG's too. My Energi is the SEL trim. The Prius C was a craker box on wheels and had very limited EV time.

I've also noticed after the 1400 miles on the ICE and using the Royal Purple 0W20 full synthetic, my ICE is very quiet when

it kick on.. :wub2:

Nice!

The larger battery pack of the energi had to be a factor though right? In comparison to our poverty hybrids that is.

Edited by Jmonty

Nice!

The larger battery pack of the energi had to be a factor though right? In comparison to our poverty hybrids that is.

No. I used it as a hybrid for the first week without plugging it in. I wanted to verify the MPG's.  When I don't plug the car in,

it's the same 1.4 kWh battery capacity as the hybrid. Nothing is different now that they updated the hybrids with the Energi's

software to control EV speed and reduce the warmup times and shutter controls.

The Energi has an extra 300 lbs of battery to carry around. I don't do a lot of freeways driving either.

Edited by drdiesel1

• 4 weeks later...

Why can't WE have that view?  That's excellent!!  I also wished that the EV threshold line showed up in that view.

I don't know what options are available to the hybrid, but have you looked at My View ? You can make your own screen setup

from the available display of each screen. Mix and Match as you like.