Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

I thought that it would be helpful to track the time from ordering your C-Max to actual delivery.

If your dealer has ordered a new C-Max for you (not Dealer Trade or Inventory) please post here.

I'll get us started:

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL

Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12

Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: TX

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that it would be helpful to track the time from ordering your C-Max to actual delivery.

If your dealer has ordered a new C-Max for you (not Dealer Trade or Inventory) please post here.

I'll get us started:

Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12

State: TX

Enjoy!

Update as of 11/5/12

Build Date: 11/19/12

VIN: I have it!

Window Sticker: Not Yet

Date Ordered: Oct.8, 2012

Promised Delivery Time: 4-12 weeks

Province: British Columbia

Laurel: It looks like production of yours is about 9 days ahead of mine. It will be interesting to see how transport/delivery time matches as yours is going North and mine is going South. Anyone else want to join the tracking thread???

Liz M and all:

If you have your Order Number and Dealer Number or you have your VIN (as well as a minimum of 10 posts on the Board) you can get vehicle tracking information here:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

This service is provided by a wonderful Ford employee who takes time from his day to provide information to us. Make sure that you read the rules in the first post for the thread and follow them precisely!

My car was ordered around the same time as yours, I suspect that the VIN and an estimated build date have been set. You just need the order info to do the query.

Enjoy!

Model: C-Max Hybrid SE
Date Ordered: Friday, 10/26/12
VIN Available: 11/9/12
Window Sticker Available: 11/23/12
Scheduled Build Date: 12/1/12
Scheduled Delivery Date: 12/10/12  Sitting at Ramp 4G awaiting transport
Actual Delivery Date: 12/6/12
State: MI

Edited by jhritz

Ordered Model: SEL, 302A, Panoramic Roof, Ruby Red Exterior, Stone Leather Interior

Order Date 10-15

Original Build Date 11-12

Altered Order Date 10-29 Change color from Ice Storm to Ruby Red

Order Sent to Plant 11-8

Altered Build Date 11-14

ETA-Delivery Date 11-26

Location Chester,VA

Window Sticker available online 11-9

Dealer Invoice not yet available to dealership - should be on 11-13

For those of you wondering about the ETA of your car ask your salesman for a copy of the visibility history report. I believe it is updated weekly and can be accessed from the dealership software; dealerconnection. I got a copy of my thru Nov 9. You will get the same info as the Blue Oval site will give you and you don't have to do 10+ posts.

Still no Vin for me in SW Ohio. Dealer checked the visibility history report and it is still listed as Unscheduled - Clean. It was ordered 4 weeks ago. :-(

I was told that as well. The problem with my order (as told by my dealer) is that the C-Max also has to go through the "Retail Verification System". In that system my order didn't have a date so it wasn't complete, eventhough the other system showed Unscheduled - Clean. After they talked with their rep, they discovered the problem.

I ordered mine at the end of July and still don't have it. (Supposedly I'm should get it sometime this week though.)

Zhack does that mean that your dealer made a mistake in filling out forms for your order? What a disappointment to be waiting so long over a system glitch.

Yes, but from my understanding the Retail System isn't required for all vehicles. So it may be an easy mistake to make. The system doesn't complain when the date was missing, but the order just sits there and goes nowhere if it isn't.

Of course, this is all what the dealer told me and since I don't have access to their systems, I don't know exactly how it all works.

Did the dealer give you your VIN? If so you can get your window sticker which will have the build date on it. Supposedly after the build date, it will be about 2-3 weeks for delivery to the dealer. My build date was Nov.8th and the dealer says he expects it Nov.26th.

Yes they did. After they realized their mistake, they got the order prioritized, the VIN says it was built on 11/7 w/ an estimated delivery date sometime this week. We will see how if that holds up though :)

I was told that as well. The problem with my order (as told by my dealer) is that the C-Max also has to go through the "Retail Verification System". In that system my order didn't have a date so it wasn't complete, eventhough the other system showed Unscheduled - Clean. After they talked with their rep, they discovered the problem.

I ordered mine at the end of July and still don't have it. (Supposedly I'm should get it sometime this week though.)

Thanks, for the info, zhackwyatt.

Edited by LizM

Retail orders are for orders that are placed specifically for a customer and will have an order type 1; O/T 1 on the window sticker in the item box. If the car is purchased with the X-Plan the order ytype is O/T X. For iniitial production, the stock orders, O/T 2, take preference. This allows dealers to get cars on the lots for potential buyers, gets viewing time by the general public, and allows for 'bugs' to get found and repaired before the individual buyers get their cars. This is how the Mustangs and F150 are delivered so I would think the CMaxs' would foolow the same plan.