Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Radio will not shut off

Radio Synch

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 672 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

... someone who have service manual, please tell me where is located audio module? ...

You can access, for a fee, workshop manuals at motorcraftservice.com.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   TFisher

TFisher

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

I have a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi and first noticed that volume control was not working for radio nor would it allow me to change stations using steering wheel, manual or touchscreen options.  When car was turned off radio continued to play even after opening doors and locking car. :sad:

Pulled radio fuse as directed and radio turned off.  Put fuse back in and now appears to be working appropriately.  :)

#23 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 629 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

I have a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi and first noticed that volume control was not working for radio nor would it allow me to change stations using steering wheel, manual or touchscreen options.  When car was turned off radio continued to play even after opening doors and locking car. :sad:

Pulled radio fuse as directed and radio turned off.  Put fuse back in and now appears to be working appropriately.  :)

Have you had the CSP 15B04 update done?

#24 OFFLINE   phred

phred

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMN
  • Current Vehicle:CMax 2013 Energi

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:55 PM

Same thing happened to me, 2013 Cmax Energi.  Radio wouldn't turn off.  I pulled the #79 fuse under the glove compartment and then plugged it back in.  Seems to work fine now.

#25 OFFLINE   Redheadmed

Redheadmed

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationN. California
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max hybrid

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

Suddenly, my wife's 2013 CMAX radio will not turn off, even with engine off, doors locked..  Cant change volume, channels, AM/FM, CD or Phone.   Naturally, I was out of town when it happened, so my wife called local Ford dealer and they didnt take her seriously and scheduled an appointment in 3 weeks (4-26).   They told her it would automatically shut off when she closed the door and that there would be no problem with the batteries.   I got home late and tried to find the fuse (as the CMAX owner did in Virginia) but the manual doesnt indicate which fuse is for the stereo/radio system   This morning, the car is completely dead with message that says system shut down to conserve battery.  YET, the damn radio is still on.  

this is probably some glitch in the software or radio module, but the aggravating thing is my wife had a car that was driveable

yesterday but the dealership didnt take her seriously.  Now its not driveable and  that lack of support for her affects my next vehicle decision.

Since these forum posts go back to December, seems like Auburn, CA

Ford service dept should know about it.

#26 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 629 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:09 PM

Suddenly, my wife's 2013 CMAX radio will not turn off, even with engine off, doors locked..  Cant change volume, channels, AM/FM, CD or Phone.   Naturally, I was out of town when it happened, so my wife called local Ford dealer and they didnt take her seriously and scheduled an appointment in 3 weeks (4-26).   They told her it would automatically shut off when she closed the door and that there would be no problem with the batteries.   I got home late and tried to find the fuse (as the CMAX owner did in Virginia) but the manual doesnt indicate which fuse is for the stereo/radio system   This morning, the car is completely dead with message that says system shut down to conserve battery.  YET, the damn radio is still on.  

this is probably some glitch in the software or radio module, but the aggravating thing is my wife had a car that was driveable

yesterday but the dealership didnt take her seriously.  Now its not driveable and  that lack of support for her affects my next vehicle decision.

While I do blame the dealer, I also think she should have immediately driven the car to the dealership -- showed them the issue in person. Once they saw the issue in person, they would not have been able to deny that the car was not turning off.

#27 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:46 PM

Agree with raadsel.  A SA would have seen the issue and likely pulled fuse 79 and also checked for any Field Service Action items on your car.

Redheadmed, the owner's manual clearly identifies fuse 79 for the radio, hazard light switch.  You can check for FSAs yourself on owner.ford.com or enter your VIN here.

#28 OFFLINE   B4804514

B4804514

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSacramento
  • Current Vehicle:2) 2013 C max Hybrids

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

Hi my radio is doing the same thing - not shutting off with just the drivers door all other doors will shut it off I believe it is the drivers door latch that is the problem. It is intermittent mostly cold weather causes the no shut down. Took it to the dealer and they had no reports on the Ford hot line. But a couple of Google searches finds this latch has been an issue with other fords and MFT. Am going back to the dealer when it never shuts off with the drivers door latch. In the mean time i just open the passenger door to shut the radio off. june 2017 After doing more investigation I have found that the relay R8 for ignition has been a problem. part number 9l2Z14n089A that fails. I replaced it and the problem went away. I would be ironic that a $20 part made in Italy fails and takes down the entire C max brand for dead batteries. 

Edited by B4804514, 24 June 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#29 OFFLINE   Ftlbiker

Ftlbiker

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationFort Lauderdale
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Hybrid

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

I have a 2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL and the entire audio system wouldn't turn on. The oddest thing was that the last radio station I listened to remained ON at low volume whether the engine was on or not. No entertainment buttons worked at all. I read thru the postings here. This happened at night and luckily had a flashlight on me. I pulled out fuse 79 from the box under the glove compartment. After checking that the inside wire wasn't broken, I put it back in and that fixed the problem. My device was still synched and I didn't have to reset anything. Nothing out of my ordinary daily driving routine had changed. Weird.

#30 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,420 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:40 AM

This has now happened twice, several years ago, and again about a month ago. Odd thing is that I was driving when it went "bad" entering a parking garage. I lost reception, but couldn't turn the volume down. Nothing happened when I turned it off, except the display said the radio was off. Still playing when I returned to the car. Stopped when I got home and pulled the fuse. 

Have fun,

Frank

#31 OFFLINE   Louder North

Louder North

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 92 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

I have a 2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL and the entire audio system wouldn't turn on. The oddest thing was that the last radio station I listened to remained ON at low volume whether the engine was on or not. No entertainment buttons worked at all. I read thru the postings here. This happened at night and luckily had a flashlight on me. I pulled out fuse 79 from the box under the glove compartment. After checking that the inside wire wasn't broken, I put it back in and that fixed the problem. My device was still synched and I didn't have to reset anything. Nothing out of my ordinary daily driving routine had changed. Weird.

We had this issue (radio would not turn off) on Friday night; pulling a couple of fuses (66 and 79 I think) did the trick!

#32 OFFLINE   JSano19

JSano19

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

Just wanted to say this happened to me today (20 degree F day).  Luckily for this forum, got it fixed with the Fuse 79 removal reinsert, but such a strange issue to have.  It baffles me that as far as my investigation, nothing from Ford regarding this, only information seems to be forums, so thank goodness for wonderful people like yourselves who have saved me a dead battery and a trip to the dealership.  However, Ford really should be doing more.

2013 CMax SEL

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Radio, Synch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·