Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Latch Recall

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,658 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTN
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Oxford White
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:39 AM

My CMAX built Michigan Plant March 2015. SEL 302 Package. Ford site states "Affected vehicles include those built:

2013-15 C-MAX – Michigan Assembly Plant, April 19, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2015". My Ford states there are no recalls on my car. Seems there should be.

According to the NHTSA recall attached below, your car is not included in the recall.

This is the recall that showed up last week about the same time I received my letter from Ford (about 10 days ago).  The letter notification (and perhaps the notice on Owner.Ford)  to affected owners is phased as the recall date is 9/2/2016.  Homestead said his showed up in mid September.

• Recall Date: SEP 02, 2016
  • Recall Title: DOOR LATCH REPLACEMENT
  • NHTSA Recall Number: 16V643
  • Ford Recall Number: 16S30
  • Recall Description: A DOOR LATCH WITH A FRACTURED PAWL SPRING TAB TYPICALLY RESULTS IN A "DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE" CONDITION. A DOOR THAT OPENS WHILE DRIVING INCREASES THE RISK OF INJURY. AS OF 9/2/16, FORD'S INVESTIGATION INTO THIS CONCERN HAS IDENTIFIED A TOTAL OF ONE ALLEGED ACCIDENT AND THREE ALLEGED INJURIES THAT FORD BELIEVES MAY BE RELATED. ONE ALLEGED INJURY WAS TO AN OCCUPANT'S ARM FROM A DOOR THAT REPORTEDLY OPENED AND BOUNCED BACK. ANOTHER INJURY INVOLVED A DRIVER WHO ALLEGED HER HAND WAS INJURED WHEN TRYING TO GRAB A DOOR THAT OPENED. THE THIRD INJURY WAS TO AN OCCUPANT WHO ALLEGEDLY RECEIVED SCRATCHES FROM A REAR DOOR THAT OPENED WHILE DRIVING. FORD HAS NO FURTHER INFORMATION RELATING TO THESE REPORTS. THE ALLEGED ACCIDENT OCCURRED AFTER THE DRIVER'S DOOR REPORTEDLY OPENED IN A PARKING LOT AND RESULTED IN BUMPER DAMAGE, BUT FORD HAS NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
  • Risk to Safety: A DOOR LATCH WITH A FRACTURED PAWL SPRING TAB TYPICALLY RESULTS IN A "DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE" CONDITION. A DOOR THAT OPENS WHILE DRIVING INCREASES THE RISK OF INJURY.
  • Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE ALL AFFECTED DOOR LATCHES REPLACED WITH A MORE ROBUST SERVICE PART. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. PARTS AVAILABILITY IS PRESENTLY VERY LIMITED. IT IS RECOGNIZED THAT CERTAIN FACTORS AFFECT THE RATE OF REPORTS AND MAY BE USED IN PRIORITIZING THE PHASED MAILING OF REMEDY NOTIFICATIONS AS PARTS BECOME AVAILABLE. FORD PROVIDED THE GENERAL REIMBURSEMENT PLAN FOR THE COST OF REMEDIES PAID FOR BY VEHICLE OWNERS PRIOR TO NOTIFICATION OF A SAFETY RECALL TO THE AGENCY IN FEBRUARY 2015. THE ENDING DATE FOR REIMBURSEMENT ELIGIBILITY IS OCTOBER 31, 2016. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
  • Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

Attached File  RCLRPT-16V643-8175.PDF   214.09KB   6 downloads

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer, 15 October 2016 - 08:01 AM.

• ptjones likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 179 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • My C-MAX's Color:Magnetic
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

Hi. I looked at the date wrong. I do live in Oregon. Glad I do not have a worry! Thanks for helping me see my error! Great forum!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·