Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

EV problems

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,422 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 PM

I just made a trip to Orlando, FL and back using I-75/I-4 FWY and averaged 54 mpg, temps 60-90*F, some A/C and EV 57.5% of the time.  Watch my "How to get great gas mileage in a CMAX YouTube videos: http://fordcmaxhybri...at-gas-mileage/

Paul

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Buggs1a

Buggs1a

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationWashington
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:MDX

Posted Today, 04:17 AM

I have already seen your vids. ^^^

I’m getting better. I just drove 22 miles on I-405 north and south in Washington state. Horrific traffic. Worse then city driving. Stop and go for more then half the trip on freeway. I got 49.9 mpg for my trip home. But most of that was way easy since I could only go 5-20 mph and stop a lot. How annoying. On the trip to where I was going it was in the 40 - 45 mpg range. Same stop and go but a bit more driving a bit faster.

So I’m slowly starting to get it. I just wish the battery was a lot bigger to be in electric more.

And acceleration is so incredibly slow if I want to stay in ev mode.

Edited by Buggs1a, Today, 04:19 AM.

• ptjones likes this

#23 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 219 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted Today, 05:49 AM

That's great, hybrids love traffic, but yes, a hybrid isn't an actual electric car.  Some of them, like the Energi version of the C-MAX have a bigger battery pack but ultimately you are still using gas, just not all the time and the battery helps even out the load on the engine to make the engine more efficient.  I still love them, relatively smooth, quiet, lots of torque, manufacturer usually loads them up with options to sell at a higher price point (at least when you buy new)..and 40MPG on a routine basis is still double what a typical gasoline powered car would do.

Edited by jestevens, Today, 05:54 AM.

• kyledamron likes this

#24 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted Today, 09:46 AM

Yeah, that's why I went with the Energi; my commute is well within electric range.

#25 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max E

Posted Today, 09:58 AM

That's great, hybrids love traffic, but yes, a hybrid isn't an actual electric car.  Some of them, like the Energi version of the C-MAX have a bigger battery pack but ultimately you are still using gas, just not all the time and the battery helps even out the load on the engine to make the engine more efficient.  I still love them, relatively smooth, quiet, lots of torque, manufacturer usually loads them up with options to sell at a higher price point (at least when you buy new)..and 40MPG on a routine basis is still double what a typical gasoline powered car would do.

I don't quite like the comment 'isn't an actual electric car' on PHEV's. Get too many EV Purists out there who bash PHEV's with this exact reasoning. It really should be seen as a short/mid-range EV with hybrid backup for range. In my case during normal commutes in my Energi I never use any gas during a normal day. In fact Ford has programmed the Energi to run the engine to use stale gas if the engine hasn't been used for I believe a full year. A -YEAR- with no ICE usage!

• ptjones likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·