Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

EV problems

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,561 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

Hi all. I’m just popping in to give a quick update and ask a couple questions.

Why does my car power steering not work sometimes when power on? The first time this happened a couple three weeks ago the car powered on then said have power steering serviced. Extremely hard to turn wheel. I shut car down. Power on again and it’s fine. This happened again tonight but without the check power steering message. Power car off then on and it worked.​ Maybe you forgot to step on the brake petal and ended up in Accessory Mode.

How do I get my car to stop the service mobility tire message every time I power the car on? I’m never going to use it. So I couldn’t care less and it drives me bonkers having to hit ok every single time I power the car on. This just started within last couple days or even today .     Go here to make it go away.  http://fordcmaxhybri...e-mobility-kit/

And an update on my MPG. Well I reset my lifetime summary about 3 weeks or slightly less after I bought my cmax. I have filled it twice only and that was since sometime in April maybe. The Empower screen shows 44.8 avg MPG. Is that from when I got gas the last time since I reset the trip meter thing or is that since I reset the lifetime summary? And is that pretty good?

Do you reset your #1 trip gauge and Tank Average on Empower Screen every time you fill up? If not it is the average for the last time it was reset.  I haven't reset my #2 trip for about two years.

Tonight I just got home from Enumclaw Washington. I live in Burien Wa. Takes about 55-60 minutes. About half off freeway and then half on I-5 north when going home. Tonight when I got home it said 52 MPG. I’m getting numbers much much better then you guys could remember when I first got it and started asking some questions in here.

I’m using cruise more and notice it seems to do an ok job now. I have a question. When cruise is on, a lot of times the screen shows Charging Battery. While I’m driving. Sometimes it says Hybrid. Which is better? Better mileage? Of course it runs in EV a lot to and I know that’s off the battery.  I don't know if you watched my You Tube Videos (http://fordcmaxhybri...mileage/page-1       You get the Best MPG's when you drive the car, but ECO Cruise does a pretty good job.

Anyway. Thank you all so very much for everything and being kind and gentle with me. I truly appreciate all of you so so much.

Joe

Good Luck :) 

Paul

• JAZ and obob like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 876 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

Buggs1a, as to your power steering issue, I have on a number of occasions had the power steering not become active until several seconds after turning the car on.  The wheel will be very hard to turn and then suddenly start turning normally.  I've never gotten the message or had to switch the car off/on.  At least one other person said they had the same thing happen but don't recall anyone else getting the service message.  It is possible that a service code was stored which could be read with the Forscan software a lot of us use.  It is free (or $5 depending on version) but you also need to buy the proper OBDII interface device.  There are lots of posts on the site about Forscan and a lot of information on their site.  Of course you can also read out tons of information about the car - really interesting if you like that sort of thing.

• ptjones likes this

#43 OFFLINE   Buggs1a

Buggs1a

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationWashington
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:MDX

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

The two times the power steering did not work it did not work unless I power cycle the car.

Seems that I won’t have any setting for the tire kit. In that thread a 13 SEL owner said he has no setting. I have the same car.

Pt, yes I’ve seen your vids. I even mentioned I have several posts ago. They help. Thanks for sharing them !!!!

#44 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,960 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

The two times the power steering did not work it did not work unless I power cycle the car.

Seems that I won’t have any setting for the tire kit. In that thread a 13 SEL owner said he has no setting. I have the same car.

Pt, yes I’ve seen your vids. I even mentioned I have several posts ago. They help. Thanks for sharing them !!!!

In the left side info display, select Settings >> Vehicle >> Tire Mobility Kit >> 4 years and no more messages for 4 years.

• ptjones and obob like this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·