Sync update October 19, 2021

brochue

Ever since this update my car is dead when I go to start it.  I open the door and I get the "shutting down to save power" message.  This is after I've been gone for hours.  I've made an appointment to take the car to a dealer, the first available was in November.  I've tried shutting down everything before I turn car off but this does not help.  Everytime I see that message I know I'm going to have to jump start the car.  Seems there might of been a bug in the update.  Had the battery checked it is fine.  Am I the only one having this problem??

This message will only appear if the vehicle feels the battery is at low enough health to warrant shutting off the radio that early after key-off. Nothing directly to do with Sync. Has the 12v battery been replaced since you've owned the vehicle? If so, do you know if the battery life counter has been reset? This is a vital step when replacing the 12v battery so the vehicle can manage it accordingly. Otherwise it's going to assume a brand new battery is still x years old and may not charge correctly and can result in premature wear.

If the battery has not been replaced, it may be due. Most cheap battery testers aren't that thorough and can say it is ok when in fact it may be on its way out.