Rachel's Window Sticker is Here!

Laurel

Rachel: Here is the date- "Scheduled to Day (2013-02-12)."

I bet that the widow sticker will appear somtime around Wednesday.

pkay: In most cases, the dealer can get it off of the visibilty report for the vehicle. Once you have the train car number, you can track it via an 800 number. It was posted earlier (a couple of months ago?) in the "order to delivery time" thread.

Have fun!

Edited by ScooterS

Looks like Laurel got an update for you...

In Transit - Received - Map/east/n (Voith Industrial Services Inc ) Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI Feb-09-2013, 03:06 ET.

ETA *Feb-25-2013.

As best I can figure Voith gets the vehicles from the back door of the plant to the railhead, but then I'm just guessing...

Y'all know my dealer hasn't been very helpful? Today I get a text that asks if I knew the cars were in transit and was I tracking it. I replied that I needed the order verification paper to track it and could she fax it. She was with a customer and would in a bit. I sure hope she sold a car because I never heard back. It's the strangest thing. They aren't very helpful and I get texts out the blue with a teaser and then they go AWOL again. Thank goodness I have other ways of getting the info. Geeze.

Y'all know my dealer hasn't been very helpful? Today I get a text that asks if I knew the cars were in transit and was I tracking it. I replied that I needed the order verification paper to track it and could she fax it. She was with a customer and would in a bit. I sure hope she sold a car because I never heard back. It's the strangest thing. They aren't very helpful and I get texts out the blue with a teaser and then they go AWOL again. Thank goodness I have other ways of getting the info. Geez

Rachel, you have waaaaaay more patience than I have. How far away is this dealer? I'd be sittin' on their doorstep when they open, hand out, waiting for those papers! Is this the same dealer you have to go to for service?

The dealer I bought from is 45 miles away also.  There is a dealer in town that I can take the car to if I have to, but the sales experience was much nicer where I went.  I got a good price without a lot of hassle and got a sales person who kept me informed all the way through delivery.  Even after delivery he filed the extra paperwork necessary so that I will be getting an extra $250 in rebates from Ford that I would have gotten if the car had been delivered in December instead of January.

Hey Rachel! Here is an update on Dad's car.  Sorry, I couldn't get a railcar number. Why don't you check with the dealer..... Tell them that it is on the visibilty report for the vehicle  ;) .

May I have an update Please?: 1FADP5BU8DL525456

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

In Transit - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Oakwood, MI Feb-14-2013, 03:44 ET.

ETA Feb-26-2013.

Scooter she is too much of a southern lady to bug them.  I just looked at my old report and it was emailed in a pdf and it is called a full visibility report and it had the rail car number on one of the lines in the report.  It took my salesman 10 minutes to fulfill my request and email over to me.  They are causing her to miss all the fun of following the car as it creeps from one town to the next.  Gee I wish I had a good friendly salesman and then I would get him to do it. Mine isn't the type to do it.  What about yours Scooter?  Would he pull Rachel's and her dad's reports if you gave him the VINS.  Anyone out there chummy with their salesperson who would do this?

My guy "departed" the dealership shortly after I ordered and before I picked up my car......  It might have had something to do with them double counting my rebate for a cost of about $1000 below Invoice.  I also tracked my trade in..... It started at about $4000 more than they paid me for the car (typical markup).  Just before it disappeared from their website it was only about $300 more than they paid me for it.   Not sure if they sold it or wholesaled it out. Sooo, I got a great deal, but I don't think that I've got an easy way to check.  Unfortunately, Cyberdman is going to be out for a couple of weeks. 

Looks like Rachel is going to have to put on her big girl pants and demand what she's got comin' to her  ;) 

Other than that, I'm hoping that the dates will work out for the trip to the Factory. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Drats Scooter!  We had a woman salesperson at first and then she went to a different company.  She would have done it in a minute.  So I guess you are right that our Southern Belle will need to put on her big girl pants and get tough LOL.  I found it a lot of fun tracking mine on the train and she is missing out on the fun.