New Owner in North TX

TxTom

Have followed many of the topics in this Forum while deciding what "smaller" new car to buy. I looked at about every possible car out there, and developed a "must have" list. Narrowed down the list to Chevy Sonic, Mazda CX-5, Buick Encore and the C-Max. The Sonic was just too "small" for our needs, and was missing several key features. The Encore isn't here yet, but due later this month...but is missing push-button start and power lift gate. The CX-5 seemed to be the closest to meet those needs, and have had a couple Mazda's in the past...and has a spare, but no power lift  gate. Color choices did not fit, though. And it lacked "that is different" appeal. Dismissed many others since they are too low to the ground.

So I did a thorough comparison of the C-Max features and decided to get it, even though I have never owned a Ford product in 50 years of car purchases. Found a dealer in North Texas that had an inventory unit on order...MSRP dated 12/19/12, and with 2 week shut down for the holidays, was "built" on 1/7/13, and delivered to the dealer on 1/20/13, and I purchased it on 1/21/13.

Absolutely love this car...have 270 miles on it, and many of the neat features are still being explored. Gas mileage, while not 47/47, is excellent...more than double my previous car (2012 Cadillac SRX). On some 20 mile trips, it has averaged 48 mpg...70% freeway/30% city. Gas gauge show slightly less than half full.

Happy to be a new owner...not one regret, or issue so far. Anyone on the fence about this car...go ahead and make the jump!

Thanks...mine is the hybrid and has the Med Light Stone Leather interior...due to TX summer heat, I wanted a light interior with the gray outside. Didn't get the panoramic roof for the same reason. My Sales rep tracked the car from Michigan...cool. GM won't do that!