One phone number crashes system

Any time my husband calls me in the car or I call him the mft system does scheduled maintenance. I have tried changing how he is listed in my phone. Resyncing the phone. Etc. his number is the only one this happens with. Any suggestions? Funny thing is this didn't happen in the test car.

On another note, I love being able to talk hands free in my car!! Love it!!!

It shouldn't have anything to do with his phone - MFT has no way of knowing anything about the caller on the other end. They could be on a 1975 Mickey Mouse rotary phone for all it knows.

Besides MFT just being buggy crap - it probably had something to do with the address book entry you have for your husband in your phone.

Look for anything unusual about his entry. Strange numbers or characters, any notes, custom ring tones or anything like that...

It had hearts beside his name. It worked on the test car like that. On my car it does not. I took the hearts off and resynced phone. Still crashes. I know when I call him on my phone, many times it disconnects as soon as he picks up. Sometimes I have to call several times before it works. I will try again.

Special characters in the phone book, like hearts, are likely to mess up the caller ID display.

First, change your hubbie's name in your phone so it has just normal letters. But you also need to delete the list of contacts in the car and then get it to re-upload from the phone.

A friend has an 08 version of sync, his wife prioritizes #'s in her phone by adding A's

ADon

AANancy

AAAhome

The first time I heard the sync lady say :hysterical:  "AkAkAkhome" I thought she need the heimlich maneuver :hysterical:  :hysterical: .

wab

Have you had the dealer/shop "fash" your sync? The sync is a REAL PAIN IN THE @...... mine has had to be flased several times and as of yesterday there is no fix for the phone problems, nav. problems or clock problems :-(  They say that sometime around April they might have a fix. Good luck! I love our car hate the bugs in Sync!