Recall Charge cord won't charge my 2013 Cmax

I finally did the recall on my original 2013 CMAX Charge cord. And for the first time ever the car absolutely won't charge. Has anyone experienced this before? My first thought is that the new cord and my 2013 are incompatible (which sounds ridiculous). My car is also host to a number of electrical glitches that generally go away once I disconnect the computer.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:14 PM, jkaminsky said:

I finally did the recall on my original 2013 CMAX Charge cord. And for the first time ever the car absolutely won't charge. Has anyone experienced this before? My first thought is that the new cord and my 2013 are incompatible (which sounds ridiculous). My car is also host to a number of electrical glitches that generally go away once I disconnect the computer.

I'm assuming based on the content of your post that you may have also posted this to the /r/cmaxhybrid subreddit? Azraiah over there commented with good starting points to check. I'll repost them here in case they were missed or that was not you:

First question - Do you have the black-handled charger or the white-handled charger?

The black-handled one requires a ground connection at the 120v outlet. If your ground connection is faulty, that would cause the unit to not charge.
The white-handled one does not require a ground connection at the 120v outlet. Only white-handled units with a part number ending with -AA through -AF were subject to Safety Recall 18S24.
Second question - What does the status light on the charger unit indicate when you do try to charge?

Check pages 156 & 157 of your owner's manual (assuming it's the same page number for all the model years?) - look for the *Charging the High Voltage Battery* section - to see what the status light means.

Yes you are correct.

I'm waiting to hear back from the dealership. From what Az said it matches perfectly with whats going on. My outlets did not have the ground wire installed, so charge fault tripped. And it appeared that the charge cord worked at the dealership. They really should have made the new cords no so damn finicky. The old cords didn't care about the ground ... or thermal protection... so always reliable until of course they catch my house on fire!?

Edited by jkaminsky