3.5.1......Anyone? Anyone?

I just phoned my service rep.  Nothing on their computers for our SEL.  She said we would receive a letter when it is available to us.  And alas she said Canada is often months behind when a recall is issued in the States.  Oh poop!  But on the plus side our system works just fine.

YAY! YAY!   I just checked with my dealer and yes the 3.5.1 upgrade for my cmax purchased in Nov 2012 is ready.  He also told me that there is a re-program process for the rear lift gate hatch.  Got it scheduled and hoping this fixes the problem.   Also going to get a new A4 card for the Nav system  Here's hoping for the best

The TSB for the liftgate is discussed here:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1917-tsb-13-5-6-2013-c-max-hands-free-liftgate/

I need to take mine in to get this done.

The check engine light for P0456 is discussed here:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/491-check-engine-light/page-3

See my post #60 on page 3 and #67 on page 4.   Also see posts by Darrelld #74.  They will replace your purge valve.

YAY! YAY!   I just checked with my dealer and yes the 3.5.1 upgrade for my cmax purchased in Nov 2012 is ready.  He also told me that there is a re-program process for the rear lift gate hatch.  Got it scheduled and hoping this fixes the problem.   Also going to get a new A4 card for the Nav system  Here's hoping for the best

Dealer has Saturday service, just got back from them, no joy and mine was a early October acquisition with a build date of July

Dealer has Saturday service, just got back from them, no joy and mine was a early October acquisition with a build date of July

Mine is an October build and I know Galpin checked my VIN at 9:45AM yesterday and there was NO 3.5.1 update for it. May be whats missing here is that Ford is possibly staging out the releases by month - since we have 1 may be 2 Nov 3.5.1 updates. Hmmmmmh..

I got my 3.5.1 update today! :yahoo:

My C-Max SE w/MFT, w/o Nav, has a build date of 8-23-12.

I brought my car to the dealer I purchased it from to take advantage of their complementary first oil change. I'm at 8000 miles, which I figure equals about 5000 miles of actual gas engine running time. I also mentioned the missing cup holder divider and the somewhat loose leading corners of the little triangle windows ahead of the doors. Almost in passing I asked if they could check for any available updates to the Sync software. The SA said there was one available so I had them run the update as well.

I was skeptical that it was the mythical 3.5.1 update, since it seems forever just out of reach. Well, I now have the time and temperature displayed in the MFT screen, There's another icon at the bottom center that brings up the animated energy flow diagram. The rear seat button for the audio balance/fader has been removed. There may be other changes as well, those are the first I noticed. My EV+ locations have disappeared and my phone needs to be re-paired. But I didn't lose my Sirius presets like I did every time I performed a system reset. Go figure.

I also got my cup holder divider thingy and they said they added some double stick tape under the triangle window seals to keep them stuck down better. I'll have to inspect that work closer when I get a chance.

No clock setting via GPS for me. That feature may only exist is cars equipped with NAV.

I noticed they also did away with the "Daylight Saving" button. That means it's either completely automatic or completely manual. I just remember with the old software the time change really screwed up the clock. Maybe now its fixed?

I should also mention that this particular Ford dealership had ZERO C-Maxes on the lot. One of the salesmen told me they had sold a couple of them, but they were having a hard time getting them from Ford for some reason. Maybe demand is outstripping supply?

I should also mention that this particular Ford dealership had ZERO C-Maxes on the lot. One of the salesmen told me they had sold a couple of them, but they were having a hard time getting them from Ford for some reason. Maybe demand is outstripping supply?

Must be related to dealership ranking, dealer I use had 7 on the lot, 3 with sold stickers and a truck pulled up with 4 more, don;t know what they had on the other 2 ford dealerships they own. will be hitting them up again on 3.5.1 on Tuesday and call ford IVT team again.

I just got off the phone with my service rep. I will be going in next Monday for the reprogram. I will be the first for this dealership... (gulp :doh:). He gave me the program info though he stated it would be 13A01 Program. I hope that info can help others in talking with their service reps. More when I can.

I contacted my local Ford dealer service this morning to complain about the continued delay in updating the GPS/Nav system and to see whether he'd heard anything more from Ford since we last talked about it 6 weeks ago, and he said by coincidence just on Saturday Ford had released a revision for my vehicle (a Sept 2012 build) for "SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE."

So perhaps the long wait is over. Happy to be bearer of glad tidings!

There was also a revision released for "REAR GATE TRUNK MODULE REPROGRAM" btw.