3.5.1......Anyone? Anyone?

You know if you're not happy with the car, just sell the damn thing, why put up with all the crap? As for redaction, as long as its not a personal attack on another poster, go ahead. Seriously, ever consider moving that CMax on if its causing all these issues...?

We did...

Traded a GM product after 11 wonderful months, took a beating on it......

WELL WORTH IT for that POS to be out of our lives! :happy feet: 

Wing, I feel for you and imo, you have a lemon there but thats not to say that I or Laurel or others have lemons. Lemons exist in every car manufacturer. Even my 2004 Jaguar XJ8 was a lemon and that car cost us more than your and my CMax but we bought the additional coverage which saved our butt (Jaguar ate it big time) in the end but still in the end, we moved it on.

Now, as for redaction, I will redact personal attacks of one poster to another. However, say what you want about your car, call Ford names, call the CMax a POS if it makes you feel better. If you are daring me, go ahead - but don't attack any poster for their view points just as much as I don't expect them to attack you on your view point.

My Cmax could have been a lemon when we bought it, and if that happened, my wife and I agreed to move it on but luckily, its lived up to its reputation here.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

We did...

Traded a GM product after 11 wonderful months, took a beating on it......

WELL WORTH IT for that POS to be out of our lives! :happy feet: 

glad that you are more financially secure then I am, but civil servants don;t make a lot of money considering the danger we are put into.

Wing, I feel for you and imo, you have a lemon there but thats not to say that I or Laurel or others have lemons. Lemons exist in every car manufacturer. Even my 2004 Jaguar XJ8 was a lemon and that car cost us more than your and my CMax but we bought the additional coverage which saved our butt (Jaguar ate it big time) in the end but still in the end, we moved it on.

Now, as for redaction, I will redact personal attacks of one poster to another. However, say what you want about your car, call Ford names, call the CMax a POS if it makes you feel better. If you are daring me, go ahead - but don't attack any poster for their view points just as much as I don't expect them to attack you on your view point.

My Cmax could have been a lemon when we bought it, and if that happened, my wife and I agreed to move it on but luckily, its lived up to its reputation here.

Not challenging you on anything, also not worth the effort to attack another poster - although I will defend when I am attacked as I have in the past. sorry but calling is a POS is being nice and is not the language that I would use. I don;t look at this vehicle with rose colored glasses, the unit is faulty and I expect the manufacturer to step up and fix it. Going to start working this issue the best way that I know since it is useless to call the manufacturer and I am tied of begging for a permanent fix. As far as your jaguar goes - they always had a reputation of being a POS,  same as the MG-B and most british sponsored cars that came to the us. Mine has lived up to it's reputation also - as being a lemon, and have told numerous people that have asked me exactly that.

I have initiated a buy-back / replacement process.

My issue has been open at the dealership over 5 months. Ford's response every month has been "nothing we can do until the update" but the update never comes.

This is plain and simple, Ford refusing to fix the vehicle - which is grounds for lemon law in most states.

All I want are the problems fixed. Thus far they refuse to do so. The updated software has existed since last year for almost all the cars Ford makes and has existed since late February for the C-Max. So if they won't patch it they need to replace it.

Valkraider, have you had them run your VIN # lately for news of the update? I just learned today, while on a phone call with a FORD rep who had my VIN # up on the screen, that *the letter* describing the *corrective action* should be issued within the next 2 weeks and the dealership should have the information. I asked her specifically if this was the 3.5.1 update and she said yes. We were talking, and she said, *Wait a minute, something just popped up on your car.* She put me on hold and came back and told me about the letter. In all previous times I've called, they have said that *I have the most updated version available for the C-MAX at this time.*

Hopefully this applies to all of us early adopters......that we will get the letter of corrective action within the next couple of weeks.

Good luck to us all!!!

Well, I spoke with the regional customer service person maybe 20 minutes ago, and her exact words were "I am sorry but there is nothing we can do at this time."

So - excellent customer service there.

Val I feel so sad reading about your disappointment.  You are so knowledgeable about the car and helped us all so much with your advice.  This is a real bummer.

It's just such a black mark on an otherwise pretty good vehicle.

If it were something else, if probably would just be an annoyance.

But the MFT is used *all the time* in almost any way we operate the vehicle, and was of course an expensive option (we paid *extra* for this crap???).

It is just impossible to overlook when the system will lock up every other day when you put the vehicle in reverse, it constantly loses phones or won't reconnect or re-pair, and we have to jump through ridiculous hoops to restore our previously programmed radio stations. Random lock-ups every couple weeks for no reason are also very annoying.

Those are just the bugs. The interface itself is just plain poorly designed, the system is slow and unresponsive compared to other manufacturers (my 2008 Dodge UConnect performed better and had more functionality!). The GPS is some times inaccurate and the stupid white flashing circle is mind numbingly annoying. And forget it if you are in GPS mode, get a call and cross under an overpass at the same time - the combination redrawing the map for night mode and answering a phone call will take the system 10 minutes to figure out. External music devices work right only 10% of the time with MFT while my VW and GM vehicles worked fine with any device we ever tried.

They took a great plug-in hybrid and routed the second most used interface in the car directly through a steaming pile of excrement.

It's just such a black mark on an otherwise pretty good vehicle.

If it were something else, if probably would just be an annoyance.

But the MFT is used *all the time* in almost any way we operate the vehicle, and was of course an expensive option (we paid *extra* for this crap???).

It is just impossible to overlook when the system will lock up every other day when you put the vehicle in reverse, it constantly loses phones or won't reconnect or re-pair, and we have to jump through ridiculous hoops to restore our previously programmed radio stations. Random lock-ups every couple weeks for no reason are also very annoying.

Those are just the bugs. The interface itself is just plain poorly designed, the system is slow and unresponsive compared to other manufacturers (my 2008 Dodge UConnect performed better and had more functionality!). The GPS is some times inaccurate and the stupid white flashing circle is mind numbingly annoying. And forget it if you are in GPS mode, get a call and cross under an overpass at the same time - the combination redrawing the map for night mode and answering a phone call will take the system 10 minutes to figure out. External music devices work right only 10% of the time with MFT while my VW and GM vehicles worked fine with any device we ever tried.

They took a great plug-in hybrid and routed the second most used interface in the car directly through a steaming pile of excrement.

You and I have had this discussion a few times.  What I can't understand is how our experiences are so different.  Could you have a hardware problem?  Has your dealer replaced the GPS module?  Maybe the Sync module should be replaced too.

As long as you are not exaggerating in your post, but 10 mins to figure out a redraw w/ an overpass, locking up every other day....my experiences are 180.

Ford Canada answered me promptly saying there is no date available for the MFT update.  I'm glad our system has worked like a charm as it sounds like there is nothing on the pipeline soon.  Of course sometimes in Canada we are out of the loop.

Laurel, I'm going to run the SYNC status checker in my car tomorrow and then upload it to syncmyride.com...........see if any new updates show up......based on what the lady told me today....maybe something will show in my profile? Man, I sure hope so, because you're right.......people are getting discouraged.

I may call her back tomorrow....

Laurel, I'm going to run the SYNC status checker in my car tomorrow and then upload it to syncmyride.com...........see if any new updates show up......based on what the lady told me today....maybe something will show in my profile? Man, I sure hope so, because you're right.......people are getting discouraged.

I may call her back tomorrow....

I don't think that's how it works.  The sync status tool just makes sure that the website knows what the correction version of software you are running.  Assuming the website has the correct information about your car it will automatically display when a new update is available.  Someone could update the car w/o reporting to the website that the update was successful, thereby making them out of sync.

I don't think that's how it works.  The sync status tool just makes sure that the website knows what the correction version of software you are running.  Assuming the website has the correct information about your car it will automatically display when a new update is available.  Someone could update the car w/o reporting to the website that the update was successful, thereby making them out of sync.

:sad:

The dealer won't do anything until they try the update first. The response from them, the regional tech guy, and the regional customer service is that since there are known problems with MFT and the update is due "any time now" that they will not spend any effort until we at least try the update.

The problem is that they have been saying that for 5.5 months now. "Any time now" has been me living with this junk in my $35k car for 5.5+ months.

I don't want anything special. I was patient until Late February - but when cars started shipping from the plant with the new software and they still won't update ours, that's when I get really irritated.

I don't want anything that I didn't pay for.

Let me go on a little bit.

I understand that the "problem" with delivering the update may be a problem with the PCM for vehicles built before mid February.

But I also have an extensive history modding cars. I have built and flashed custom tunes on everything from pick-up trucks to motorcycles. I have done racing tunes and off-roading tunes.

I have even used custom transmission programs.

It is a simple process to re-flash the PCM, in any car made in the last decade or two.

If there is a problem flashing the PCM, then there is a hardware issue that they should replace. I have not dug in to how they set up the hardware in the C-Max but in my Chevy trucks for the last decade the computer has been simple to unplug and replace. I even accidentally bricked a friend's Chevy controller by installing the wrong tune. We simply unplugged the computer, mailed it to the tune company, they re-wrote it with an OEM program and sent it back, we plugged it right in.

Finally - I want to be clear - my main problem is with Ford's handling of the issue.

They flat out don't care about the annoyance. They hassle. This is a thousand dollar option on a $35k+ vehicle. The very least thing they could do is something like: "yes, we know there are problems and we are doing our best to come up with a solution. We know its hard on you, our valued customers, so here - have a few free service appointments, or maybe free car washes for a year, or something to at leader show we give a crap about you".

In two weeks I will have had 6 full months of Ford saying "there is nothing we can do right now".

That's unacceptable.

The problem is that they have been saying that for 5.5 months now. "Any time now" has been me living with this junk in my $35k car for 5.5+ months.

I don't want anything special. I was patient until Late February - but when cars started shipping from the plant with the new software and they still won't update ours, that's when I get really irritated.

I don't want anything that I didn't pay for.

I agree completely.

I had to take my car in today for service when the check engine light came on. The code according to the Scangauge is P0456 (evap emission system leak?). They can't work on it till tomorrow but I decided to have them check my VIN for the Sync 3.5.1 upgrade. To my surprise, it's available! I bought my C-Max back in Sept 2012.

I had the service rep check to make sure it's 3.5.1 and here is what's on my service ticket:

BB/12285/V 3.5.1

It's listed as a recall. If all goes well I may have 3.5.1 tomorrow!

I had to take my car in today for service when the check engine light came on. The code according to the Scangauge is P0456 (evap emission system leak?). They can't work on it till tomorrow but I decided to have them check my VIN for the Sync 3.5.1 upgrade. To my surprise, it's available! I bought my C-Max back in Sept 2012.

I had the service rep check to make sure it's 3.5.1 and here is what's on my service ticket:

BB/12285/V 3.5.1

It's listed as a recall. If all goes well I may have 3.5.1 tomorrow!

YAY!! The rep who called me on Wednesday said that it was going to be released today!!! Yippee!! :yahoo: