3.5.1......Anyone? Anyone?

When I sync the clock to GPS it is an hour off.(central time zone)  Anyone else notice this?

Yup, same thing happened to me but it was more than one hour off. One hour and maybe 20 mins, not the whole hour. But hey! I now have 3.5.1 and it's fixed some weird things so I'm a happy camper.

So only thing 3.5.1 added was let you use A4 SD card, power distribution status screen???

Sorry, only had vehicle for 4 days before update so not sure what else was different between both versions.

There are supposed to be a lot of bug fixes.

There was talk that the update would improve the quality of people listening on the other end of the phone.  Noise Cancellation interfered.  Anyone notice this? (I haven't had mine done yet.)

Text to voice works on my iphone 4 too, did you enable sync on your phone under bluetooth settings?

Its weird getting a txt message from a guy and having a womans voice read it to you.

will have to check when I get mine back Friday (hopefully), between myself, and my two daughter I have a 3GS, 4, 4S and a 5. the 5 is a department issued

It defaults to day light savings time enabled, but doesn't change if I turn it off.  I just added an hour.  Not a huge deal, but I wanted to know if anyone else noticed it.

Mine was on a completely random time until I hit GPS Sync (or whatever that option is called). At that point, it was exactly an hour off. I too manually added an hour. 

My build date was September 2012 - it has the old system.

Dropped the car at the dealer this evening for a two-day upgrade extravaganza.  They put me in a Focus.  Ack!  It's awful!

Geez my SEL goes in tomorrow morning, I wasn't planning on it having to stay over night for the upgrades.  Figured more like a few hours and all done.  Yours same as mine September of 2012.

Edited by mtb9153

I had an interesting experience when I got upgraded yesterday for 3.5.1 and also for the liftgate. (I wasn't having nav problems that I'm aware of, but sync sure was buggy.) I first made an appointment with the dealer I purchased my car from-- they told me it would take "less than 2 hours" to complete all service. Because they are 100 miles away, I decided to go to my local dealer instead. They did this yesterday, and it took over 5 hours to complete. The service manager said that, "they've been having problems with the upgrade installs" and it doesn't always go as planned. The first dealer told me each of the two upgrades should take 30 minutes; the second one said each should take 2 hours, and it was actually 5 hours. So maybe there is a slowdown in scheduling these because it would tie up too much dealer time? I'm not saying that's a justification of any sort, but it was enlightening. HTH.

I had an interesting experience when I got upgraded yesterday for 3.5.1 and also for the liftgate. (I wasn't having nav problems that I'm aware of, but sync sure was buggy.) I first made an appointment with the dealer I purchased my car from-- they told me it would take "less than 2 hours" to complete all service. Because they are 100 miles away, I decided to go to my local dealer instead. They did this yesterday, and it took over 5 hours to complete. The service manager said that, "they've been having problems with the upgrade installs" and it doesn't always go as planned. The first dealer told me each of the two upgrades should take 30 minutes; the second one said each should take 2 hours, and it was actually 5 hours. So maybe there is a slowdown in scheduling these because it would tie up too much dealer time? I'm not saying that's a justification of any sort, but it was enlightening. HTH.

Well I can speak from experience that the dealers or at least mine are definitely having some trouble with the download upgrade.  Mine is totally screwed up and very little is functional right now. 

Most of what did work well before the upgrade, no longer works.  I'm not happy :(

The update is out guys. BUT before you leave the dealership attempt to add your phone back and verify that the 911 Assist Integration is working - if you get the error like I did after the update you'll be forced to be without your car for another day as the dealer will have to go through the rounds to get the sensor reattached (Found on another forum anyhow) Link not available.

Basically there's some sensor that has to be enabled for the 911 Assist to function and if it's not active the option to enable 911 assist isn't even available within the meu.

Also the update does wipe the favorites data, and in addition they seem to keep the old A3 card with that info on it so you're screwed if you want to put the data back on the card the easy way.

Got mine upgraded Tuesday. Took an hour and a half for the upgrade plus oil change. Super simple. I do like the new software. I feel like it is closer to how the car is supposed to operate. I don't know how much I will use the hybrid display, but in general the software seems faster and less buggy.

Weeeell, another 4 hours in the dealership and still no phone sync with upgrade. Tech did a master reset and still nothing. Now he has to email Detroit for ideas. Interestingly, I seem to know more about this car and its current issues than he does! He's been a Ford tech since 1991 but this is his first cmax.

Weeeell, another 4 hours in the dealership and still no phone sync with upgrade. Tech did a master reset and still nothing. Now he has to email Detroit for ideas. Interestingly, I seem to know more about this car and its current issues than he does! He's been a Ford tech since 1991 but this is his first cmax.

BillN in another thread said,

Others have reported MFT problems caused by odd characters (whatever that means and no pun intended) in song titles, album names, etc.  I also recall reading that the same problem can occur due to contact names.  So you may want to scrub your contact list as it may help.  YMMV.

I wonder if that would help you GreenChicago?

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in the EV+ distance with the 3.5.1 update? I have noticed that EV+ won't turn on until I am are closer to my destination, it appears I've lost about 1/10 of a mile range. When I got my car back all the EV+ destinations were erased.

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in the EV+ distance with the 3.5.1 update? I have noticed that EV+ won't turn on until I am are closer to my destination, it appears I've lost about 1/10 of a mile range. When I got my car back all the EV+ destinations were erased.

Mine were erased too. I just had EV again for the first time today and I didn't think much about it but the distance that it came on was closer to my house.

Mine were erased too. I just had EV again for the first time today and I didn't think much about it but the distance that it came on was closer to my house.

Thanks for the confirmation, at least I know it's not just mine.

Mine came with 3.5.1 installed, and EV+ comes on just about 4/10 of a mile from home (.64 kilometer, eh?), definitely less that 1/2 mile.

Not sure how far it is, as my car just relearned my home location. I normally get stuck at a stoplight on the way home from work and my car was previously in EV+ mode at the light. Now I pass through the light before it comes on. I have to slow down from about 45 mph to the light so I'm not certain when it kicked in before the light. I'll keep an eye on it from my other approach as I know where that engaged.

No.  I have tried (although not recently) the Sync Voice Navigation and it worked great as it knew where I was as evidenced by being told when to turn. I'll try it again and see if it is any different.

Edit: I just used SVN and it works fine.  It knows exactly where I am along the route but the Where I Am coordinates place me 46.8 miles due East of my current location.  

I also don't have Nav, and just checked Where Am I at my house...

It has the Latitude correct, but the Longitude is 1.35 degrees off, which is about 75 miles east.

But the one time I tried voice navigation, it seemed to be working.

I guess it's just a reporting bug in the Where Am I display.

edsel -  what you can do is teach your car the light/major intersection near your home as your home location instead of your actual home address. surely you know the way home from there right? :)

it's also safer in case your car is stolen or you give your keys to a parking attendant so they don't look up your address to break into your house.

this way they only get to an intersection near your home not your actual home.