EPA's re-test of the C Max

catsailor

I remember that they supposedly got a car from Ford to actually validate Ford's 47/47/47 mileage claims. Does anyone here know what that outcome was, and if not why is it taking so long to verify these figures? Does the litigation which is in California now get jeopordized based on this outcome.  And lastly I recall Ford's chief engineer saying that if they re-tuned the car they could get more mileage meaning less HP and better efficiency...I tend to not buy that argument as you still have a heavy and non aero car compared to the Prius. ANY THOUGHTS or answers. Thanks

I have no doubts that the results of the EPA tests are thoroughly and completely accurate for the C-MAX.  If someone wants to sue because they do not match real-world conditions then all makes and models would fail this legal test.

Ford has said they will work with the EPA to determine if the test needs to change.  There is zero evidence that they fudged any of the numbers, which was the issue with the other carmaker.

I have had no problem getting over 47 MPG in town.  I drove 800 miles over the weekend, much of it at 65 MPH or faster and averaged 43 MPG.(that's about 10% less than it is supposed to get)  The test is run at 45-55 MPG and I can get 47 MPG at those speeds.

The lawsuit is without merit, IMO. 

Edited by Max Power

Great question, I've asked it a few times as well, and even sent an email to the EPA. No response yet....

The EPA said in the beginning of December that they were going to retest the mileage for the CMAX, so been almost 5 months now.  I get 34.9 MPG on my CMAX SEL (15k miles), and I would certainly like to know what the results of the test are.  It also seems a little suspect that it's taking this long to get those tests results back. Seriously, what's the hold up?

Great question, I've asked it a few times as well, and even sent an email to the EPA. No response yet....

The EPA said in the beginning of December that they were going to retest the mileage for the CMAX, so been almost 5 months now.  I get 34.9 MPG on my CMAX SEL (15k miles), and I would certainly like to know what the results of the test are.  It also seems a little suspect that it's taking this long to get those tests results back. Seriously, what's the hold up?

The government is doing it.

Test probably came back BETTER than 47... Now they are really embarrassed.

OR they haven't been able to get any REAL gas :hysterical:

wab