2013 Transmission covered under CARB in Colorado?

elvisjay

2 months ago I purchased a 13 Cmax with 142k miles on it for $7k. 

The Ford dealer had checked it for the dealer I bought it from and told them there wasn't an issue. They also checked it for me and said the same thing. I didn't believe them so I had them check it again and then they presented me with a $10k proposal for a new transmission.

In researching I have seen that others have had their transmissions replaced under the CARB warranty. My local Ford Dealership says it's not covered.  

All I can find on Colorado government sites is that we adopted CARB but no details about it. On the actual CARB site it looks like there would be an extended warranty on the system for either 10 years 150000 miles or 15 years 150000 miles.

Anyone out there had their transmission replaced in Colorado under CARB? 

Anyone know where I can find information on a Colorado site to tell me what parts of CARB we adopted?

On 1/28/2023 at 3:31 PM, homestead said:

My understanding for my 2013 c-max was 8yrs or 100000miles whichever comes first.

Thanks for the reply.

In CARB states, which Colorado is, t is my understanding that is is extended to 10 years 150,000 miles but I can't find anything that states if Colorado specifically is enforcing that or not. I have seen on other forums where people have had the transmission replaced under the emissions warranty. I also found this article. That states,"Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage Warranty/ESP..."

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10148717-9999.pdf 

I’m not 100% sure on this, but reading on warranty concerns the warranty by Ford (again based on what I saw online like on this forum) is based on what state the car was first sold.  For example the car was taken delivery in a CARB state, then the CARB warranty applies.  Any (new) vehicle sold in CO after it adopted CARB would also benefit from all the required warranties involved as well.  Do you know if the vehicle was first sold in a CARB state?

Edited by jzchen

On 1/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, jzchen said:

I’m not 100% sure on this, but reading on warranty concerns the warranty by Ford (again based on what I saw online like on this forum) is based on what state the car was first sold.  For example the car was taken delivery in a CARB state, then the CARB warranty applies.  Any (new) vehicle sold in CO after it adopted CARB would also benefit from all the required warranties involved as well.  Do you know if the vehicle was first sold in a CARB state?

I didn't know that but it makes sense. Thanks for that info. I'll check the chain of title.