Hybrid vs Energi Payback Period

What are you all talkn about? Man, you have way too much time on your hands! I have already bought my Energi and all I know is I love it.  May I ask?  What are you all talking about "private cash" $500.00?   I can not find it on "ford.com" other that "police incentives".  Is this what your talking about? or am I really as dence as i feel when reading all the calulations you all have made?  I hope I'm not offending anyone. But I have no Idea what you all are talking about..lol

Had you asked Ford for a brochure for the C-Max on the internet, Ford would have mailed you a brochure.  AFAIK, everyone that requests a brochure receives a Private Cash Offer to get into a new C-Max (Hybrid or Energi).  The Offer used to be $1000 and now it's $750.   It's called a Private Cash Offer because it's not shown on Ford.com and can only be redeemed by the person who requested the brochure. Generally, all other incentives available to the public (like those listed on Ford.com) can be used with this Private Cash Offer like the current $750 incentive that is available on the Hybrid but not the Energi.

Had you asked Ford for a brochure for the C-Max on the internet, Ford would have mailed you a brochure.  AFAIK, everyone that requests a brochure receives a Private Cash Offer to get into a new C-Max (Hybrid or Energi).  The Offer used to be $1000 and now it's $750.   It's called a Private Cash Offer because it's not shown on Ford.com and can only be redeemed by the person who requested the brochure. Generally, all other incentives available to the public (like those listed on Ford.com) can be used with this Private Cash Offer like the current $750 incentive that is available on the Hybrid but not the Energi.

I requested 3 brochures, didn't get any coupons.

Check this thread on "Blue Oval Forums" the "I didn't get one" posts start about #24.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51770-ford-750-coupon/page-2?hl=coupon

What are you all talkn about? Man, you have way too much time on your hands! I have already bought my Energi and all I know is I love it.  May I ask?  What are you all talking about "private cash" $500.00?   I can not find it on "ford.com" other that "police incentives".  Is this what your talking about? or am I really as dence as i feel when reading all the calulations you all have made?  I hope I'm not offending anyone. But I have no Idea what you all are talking about..lol

Not everyone gets coupons. Before we bought our Fusion Hybrid we requested brochures just trying to get information, I didn't know about the possibility for coupons at that time, we got three brochures (FFH & C-Max for me and a FFH addressed to my wife) and none contained coupons. My parents requested a C-Max brochure and theirs does contain a coupon. I believe the coupons are sent to certain zip codes. Even though my wife and I make less than my parents we live in a much higher income zip code and I'd guess that's why we didn't get a coupon. My parents live in a very low income zip code and I'd guess that their zip code led to them getting a coupon when we didn't.

Since reading about the brochure ordering and private cash discount I've been continually kicking myself for not knowing about, despite reading and watching everything I could find prior to buying our Energi.  I'm now so glad to know that some people don't get the coupon and thus I will pretend that I am in a zipcode that would have been denied such a nice benefit and no longer that to fret about being SO STUPID.

Perhaps I missed it in the previous messages but another advantage of the Energi over the Hybrid is access to car pool lanes in California (at least for the next 1.5 years and perhaps longer).  Depending on your commute, this could be a significant savings in time. 

Perhaps I missed it in the previous messages but another advantage of the Energi over the Hybrid is access to car pool lanes in California (at least for the next 1.5 years and perhaps longer).  Depending on your commute, this could be a significant savings in time. 

Since for my analysis we do not live in Cali this does not apply. For Cali residents this is a huge deal

Thanks everyone for the great information and thoughts. My parents test drove an Energi on Saturday and really liked it. They found the seat height & space to be adequate. While not as big inside as their Nissan Murano the space is enough for them to be comfortable using the Energi for the majority of their driving around town. I have set them up with the salesman who sold my wife and me our Fusion Hybrid and they are going to go order it on Thursday.

The payback period calculations are not the final decision maker, just an important part of understanding the value of the vehicle to make a decision. They asked me to come along when they test drove the Energi on Saturday and they were very pleased with the EV Now operation. They like the idea of driving a car that is better for the environment too.