Now you see it, now you don't

Anyone else experience this phone issue? I start the car and MFT shows that my IPhone has connected. Then within seconds the screen advises me to connect a phone. I do so either by Sync or manually. This tends to happen as I begin moving, often in reverse but not always. Occurs approximately 2 times a week and is a separate issue than times phone never connects.

As posted in anotehr thread, went to a dealer run Technolgy presentation, had all types of new Ford owners there.

Aplle iPhones work very well w MFT; Androids are a mixed bag.  Some features work well, some not.

Supposedly Ford specs what they will offer and send these specs to the phone manufacturers, who can enbale those features or not.

Example: The text-to-speech feature does not work on Samsung Galaxy S2, a very widely used Android phone.  It does work on the Motorola Nexus....  and so on.

My Galaxy S3 pairs flawlessly and has never lost a connection. However, text messaging does not work, and voice command does not recognize telephone entries by contact name. This is the only impairment in functionality that makes any difference to me.

Glad I caught this topic,.........I recently got the new Samsung Galaxy S4 and have noticed this constantly happening to me,........it Pairs Up,....and a few seconds later, I lose the connection but my S4 says it's still connected, the FORD MFT says "Connect Phone".  Sounds like some software updating is need for the MFT. :drop:

Glad I caught this topic,.........I recently got the new Samsung Galaxy S4 and have noticed this constantly happening to me,........it Pairs Up,....and a few seconds later, I lose the connection but my S4 says it's still connected, the FORD MFT says "Connect Phone".  Sounds like some software updating is need for the MFT. :drop:

I also just got the Galaxy S4. My car isn't arriving for another week or two so I can't try this out but it is concerning.

Which version of MFT do you have? 3.1.3 or 3.5.1?

Jelly Bean,......I downloaded the only download that was available for my vehicle.  I have limited time to monkey with this stuff,.......when the phone wasn't connecting I simply went out to FORD SYNC and looked for updates and there was an update available, I downloaded it and installed it. Unfortunately,.....the phone is still disconnecting after the 2nd day of usage, since the update. I hurried a complaint off to FORD SYNC from work and will see if this wknd I can investigate more, but for now, not happy with the connection dropping after just a few minutes of connection.

Ok,.....after much web surfing I have found out that Samsung uses Bluetooth technology called Bluetooth Low Energy in it's Samsung Galaxy S4 (S3 also).  Furthermore, a number of people have complained about the same problem as here, mainly, people are losing connectivity with their cars system when using this phone.  I came across a discussion where the person claimed to have this problem but solved it by using a downloaded program for the phone called "Bluetooth Keepalive - for Android systems, many claim it cleared up their problem right away and no more disconnects.  I'm gonna download it tonite and hopefully it will solve my phone disconnect problems.

I sure hope it works.  I had no problems with the original Galaxy S model phone that I used during my test drive, but I have since gotten a Note 2, and my CMAX hasn't arrived at the dealer.  So, I have no way of knowing if I will have this problem.

I downloaded the app, just in case.  Anything to be ready for the big day!  :drool:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problems with my S4.  It pairs up fine, but disconnects 30 to 60 seconds into first call, or if I don't make a call, usually within the first 5 minutes of driving.  When the car is turned off and turned back on, the phone shows up as connected, as though there's nothing wrong, but then the disconnect occurs again as soon as I make a call.   I think I have MFT V.3.1.3, but not absolutely sure.  I've rebooted the phone and the MFT, and downloaded the Bluetooth Keepalive, all without success.  I've deleted and reconnected several times, using both methods of passcode entry.  I guess I'll check on the 3.5 upgrade I see references to, though it doesn't sound like that's the silver bullet either.  Most frustrating, esp. after having the MFT work flawlessly with my 3 or 4 year old dumb phone.   I'll welcome any more ideas. 

Pemulis,.......another thing I found with my S4 and C-Max,.......try this:   Connect Car to Phone and just sit in car and watch your S4,.....I found that after a couple minutes a message would Pop-up on my S4 and ask for permission to allow SYNC to access my Location information or SYNC with the MAPS Program.  Answer these question(s) and make sure to check the "Don't Ask Again" box.  Hopefully that will do the trick for you.

I have had the C-Max for a few weeks now. My Galaxy S4 pairs flawlessly every time I start the car. This part is seamless at this point. Any calls that I make are done via voice commands and there have been no problems with this.

The only thing I have noticed, and this is just nit-picking, is when I receive a call the display initially shows only the incoming number but no name. After a few seconds when I pick up the call the contact name finally shows up. Of course this is after I have already picked up the call and I already know who I am talking to.

Not complaining, just providing some data.