Screen protector for MyFord Touch screen?

It must also be pressure-sensitive since I have used it with gloves on.

Thats what resistive touch means ;)

Capicitive touch is what new smartphones /w glass screens use. Resistive is the MFT system and was used in older smartphones that used a stylus.

Protect it from what?

Scratches? Plastic resistive touch screens collect them quite easily (if you had an old winmo smartphone back in the day you would know what im talking about). Who knows when someone with long nails or an errant ring will graze the screen.

Scratches? Plastic resistive touch screens collect them quite easily (if you had an old winmo smartphone back in the day you would know what im talking about). Who knows when someone with long nails or an errant ring will graze the screen.

FWIW,  I have 3+ years of using these types of screens in cars and have yet to notice one imperfection besides fingerprint smudges.  For cleaning, I use a california duster followed by a light wiping with a moist cloth soaked in weak cleaning solution or sometimes amonia-free window cleaner.  The OM calls for using alcohol.

FWIW,  I have 3+ years of using these types of screens in cars and have yet to notice one imperfection besides fingerprint smudges.  For cleaning, I use a california duster followed by a light wiping with a moist cloth soaked in weak cleaning solution or sometimes amonia-free window cleaner.  The OM calls for using alcohol.

I've used dry-eraser-board cleaner for several years on laptop screens, tv's, eyeglasses, cd's, dvd's, etc.  Works like a charm.

I went to our $1 store and they had the static kind that does not need liquid to place. Made a template and then cut it to size. I was able to get 2 our of 1 sheet and the package came with 2 sheets. So 4 for $1 and it works great!!!

Thanks Hollywood--great inexpensive idea.  Me and Tip will head out to the dollar store shortly.

This is what I used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7DC4CQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works great! No haze, anti glare, and fingerprints don't stick. I can take a pick during my lunch break if anything. No loss of quality on the screen. Believe me... I have an OCD for small details...

Just ordered mine through NuShield for 17.00+3.00 Shipping.  Have to depart for a  job, so it will be here when I return the end of this month.

• 7 months later...

I went to our $1 store and they had the static kind that does not need liquid to place. Made a template and then cut it to size. I was able to get 2 our of 1 sheet and the package came with 2 sheets. So 4 for $1 and it works great!!!

My dollar store only had one sheet per package but that's still 50 cents each and 1/50th the cost of  the screen protectors I saw at Best Buy, etc. Works great and no problem inputting instructions.

• 2 months later...

You can get a half yard of clear vinyl sheet plastic from Hobby Lobby for a couple bucks and cut your own.  Thats what I did with my B/N Nook.  Just make sure the screen and plastic are perfectly clean before you apply it. There will be some bubbles but they go away by themselves in a week.

Ok got my screen protector today in the mail, was delivered in a couple days .  It works great and easy to apply.  Just make sure all the fingerprint smudges on your MFT are removed and the glass is free of dust and moisture.  Application works just like on my iPhone and iPad mini.  No more fingerprints, I love it and it was a cheap fix from NuShield.