On a quest for 47 mpg average. Who wants to join me?

C-Maxgo

I really like tracking my mpg because it's just plain old fun.  :happy feet:  I recently reset my average mpg and have been hovering around 46 mpg with 47 showing up occasionally.  Since resetting it I've driven mostly in town and about 60 miles.  I think I can do it so I'm going to keep trying.  I have about 2500 miles on my car so it's pretty much broken in.   :rockon:  

I am doing 46 mpg with 1980 miles in two weeks on my Energi. I will fill up tomorrow on a quest to join the 600 mile club.

The Energi would easily do more than 600 miles a tank, more like 800 to 900 or even more, especially with a full range EV headstart and much bigger battery...oooh. Valkraider has more details on this. Its almost worthy that http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/ should start some MAX RANGE club there in that forum  :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

My hat goes off to the people who can get 600 miles on a tank of gas.  It scares me to much when I see the yellow gas tank.  :runaway:  I can only imagine how I would feel when I see the red tank.  That's why I'm going to try to get the same gas mileage by watching and tracking my mpg using the displays provided on the C-Max.   :dogwalk: I realize the averages are not 100% accurate so I'll also calculate my mpg when I fill the car up with gas.  I figure if the tank capacity is 13.5 gallons and I get 47 mpg I would travel 634.5 miles.  

I live in the country and drive a lot of freeway miles. I average 47mpg depending on the temp on my 35 mile trips.(one way 46.4 to 47.8). As I stated in another post. I can drive my CMax 70 miles round trip on the freeway and use less gas than it takes to mow my grass on a lawn tractor for 1 hour. I use 1.4 gals to drive each day and 1.5 in my lawn tractor. Not counting the push mower for trimming and weedeater gas. Thats even more.

I live in the country and drive a lot of freeway miles. I average 47mpg depending on the temp on my 35 mile trips.(one way 46.4 to 47.8). As I stated in another post. I can drive my CMax 70 miles round trip on the freeway and use less gas than it takes to mow my grass on a lawn tractor for 1 hour. I use 1.4 gals to drive each day and 1.5 in my lawn tractor. Not counting the push mower for trimming and weedeater gas. Thats even more.

Wow that's amazing!   :rockon: How many miles do you have on your car?  It sounds like you've mastered the P&G.  I live in the mountains so there  is very little opportunity to use it but I do get to charge my battery and coast down hill.  

Yes, I can do that. I reset lifetime at 600 miles a couple of weeks after I bought the car on 11/9/2012 so this covers the entire winter which is milder here in Alabama than up north. This is my third hybrid so I did know how to drive a hybrid when I bought it. I traded a 2010 Fusion hybrid in on the Cmax. For those worried about 10000 mile oil changes, notice the engine ran less than half the miles the car traveled which was 6617 miles since the reset.

post-92-0-28120300-1367264008_thumb.jpg

Edited by cgul

Yes, I can do that. I reset lifetime at 600 miles a couple of weeks after I bought the car on 11/9/2012 so this covers the entire winter which is milder here in Alabama than up north. This is my third hybrid so I did know how to drive a hybrid when I bought it. I traded a 2010 Fusion hybrid in on the Cmax. For those worried about 10000 mile oil changes, notice the engine ran less than half the miles the car traveled which was 6617 miles since the reset.

attachicon.gifLS 7217.jpg

Ah  :doh: I never even considered to deduct the EV miles.  And you're good at getting 47 mpg!  Any additional hints on how to get 47 lifetime?  As I wrote in an earlier post I have about 2500 miles on my car and a Lifetime of 43.5.  Okay I need to work a bit more.  Well I should say play a bit more to get up to 47 Lifetime.  You are a driver to follow!  ;)  

C Maxgo

I just took a trip to a city 19 miles away. I took 2 state highways with lots of steep hills and curves, temp was 72 degrees. I used ECO cruise to try it out. It would use the ICE to climb the hills and switch to hill assist on the down hill sides and charge the battery. EV would engage when it could on flat portions. I got home my Maxie went 48 miles and used .9 gal of gas at 49.3 mpg. ECO cruise worked great. This was the first time I had used it.

You will start to get better mpg's now that the weather is getting warm. I can't figure out how some people are only getting 32 mpg. They must drive it like they stole it. Can't good mileage driving like that in any car.

Keep us posted on your mpgs

C Maxgo

I just took a trip to a city 19 miles away. I took 2 state highways with lots of steep hills and curves, temp was 72 degrees. I used ECO cruise to try it out. It would use the ICE to climb the hills and switch to hill assist on the down hill sides and charge the battery. EV would engage when it could on flat portions. I got home my Maxie went 48 miles and used .9 gal of gas at 49.3 mpg. ECO cruise worked great. This was the first time I had used it.

You will start to get better mpg's now that the weather is getting warm. I can't figure out how some people are only getting 32 mpg. They must drive it like they stole it. Can't good mileage driving like that in any car.

Keep us posted on your mpgs

I love ECO cruise.  I use it when I have someone in the car with me that I'm talking to so that I save gas without thinking.  That's interesting that you saw ECO cruise use the hill assist.  I'll have to watch mine next time I climb a hill with it on.  You said: "They must drive it like they stole it."  lol, funny!  :hysterical: I've been averaging about 46.5 this past week but we're going on a trip soon so I hope to bump it up.  I still believe that the mileage will improve after I reach the 3000 on the odometer.  The town I live in is very hilly so it's a constant challenge to find the flattest route.  

21 mile commute to work today - 47.4 MPG.  Freeway driving with rush hour congestion at times.  Mid 40's these past few weeks with the warmer weather.  

That's looking good!  It's only going to get better too.  Our weather has been in the 60's and I've been averaging 46.5.  

I live in north central Ohio right at the start of the Apl mountains. East and south of me gets hilly and west north west of me is flat. It depends on where I'm going. Thats why I was surprised when I saw my mileage after a trip into hill country. I just past 2500 miles on the odometer and have started seeing 50+ mpg trips on these warm days. I'll see how I do when I drive to Harrisonburg Va. to visit family this summer. My boss has a Prius and he says he get 55 mpg in the mountains going to S Carolina. Told him I saw him on the VW hybrid commercial getting past by a camper in the mountains. Ha ha ha

I live in north central Ohio right at the start of the Apl mountains. East and south of me gets hilly and west north west of me is flat. It depends on where I'm going. Thats why I was surprised when I saw my mileage after a trip into hill country. I just past 2500 miles on the odometer and have started seeing 50+ mpg trips on these warm days. I'll see how I do when I drive to Harrisonburg Va. to visit family this summer. My boss has a Prius and he says he get 55 mpg in the mountains going to S Carolina. Told him I saw him on the VW hybrid commercial getting past by a camper in the mountains. Ha ha ha

Tee Hee Hee!  You'll be coming into my neck of the woods on your way to Harrisonburg.  I'm going to visit family in a few weeks too and will be going north on 81 to Hagerstown, MD.  I hope I can get 50+.  

I just fueled up today and got 45.2 mpg.  I still have a way to go to 47 mpg so I'm going to give it another try.  My husband who's very competitive  :worship: will be sharing the driving with me on our way to Florida.  I've been filling him in on all the mpg stats I've read about on these forums so it will probably take us a lot longer to get to Florida than it used to.  It's going to be fun!   :happy feet:

>Lifetime is 44.7 with 12,600 miles on the car.  Cold weather was a bear on the mpg, but now that Spring is here, my mpg is climbing. I have decided to use eco cruise all the time as it does so much better than I can do on my own.  The car loves 50 mph on the back roads and even better with the long 35 and 45 mph stretches.  65 mph on the freeway does well after battery hits the 90% mark. I can average about 45 mpg on real gas at the speed. Oh, and if I had not said it yet today (my friends and family get so sick of me) I LOVE this car!

All this week, my 30 + mile trip to work has been 44mpg or better and my trip home has been 49 or better.  I even reached 53 one day.

And this is just driving normal...not putting any extra effort in to get the milage up.  I even drive at 75 mph for about 5 miles just to keep up with the traffic.  They can take that class action lawsuit and jump off a bridge with it as far as I'm concerned.  There is nothing wrong with this car...people just don't know how to drive.

Edited by salprint