sync 2 Bluetooth playback

Im trying to figure out the cause. But my music will be playing from my phone amd then it will just stop mid song. Is the bluetooth and external device that might be loose on its connection? Should i just put my music on an usb stick? Id like to upgrade the radio but it is far more then i can afford.

• Make sure your Sync system is fully up to date. Ford has full instructions how to do so on their website: https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/
  • After that, do a master reset which will clear out any old garbage as well as phone pairings. If this has not been done since you've owned the car, it may be a good idea to do so even if there's no updates available.
  • Remove the Bluetooth pairing from your phone and re-pair it. I usually recommend having it initiated from Sync by finding the phone on screen and pairing it there versus finding Sync on your phone's BT menu. In my personal experience the pairing process behaves better this way. YMMV though.

If all that is exhausted and the issue still continues, you may want to try another phone if possible to rule out it being an issue with the phone itself. Making sure that is fully up to date is also prudent.

Beyond those suggestions, the comments about using USB instead is likely your next best bet other than upgrading (I highly recommend upgrading to Sync 3 in these vehicles rather than go aftermarket, barring you have the 8" touch Sync 2. Also budget is a factor of course).

Edited by cr08