I Sighted Myself!

I'm down in West Palm Beach for work this week, and luckily my rental was with Budget.  As I pulled in on the shuttle bus, I noticed a white C-MAX Hybrid in the lot, so when I got to the counter, I asked if they had any available to rent.  Luckily, they had one - an Ingot Silver Metallicx 2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL!

Rental C-MAX 1

Rental C-MAX 2

The best part is, this is pretty much exactly how I'd order this car!  (It's a 302A Equipment Group.)  It also has the moonroof (which I'm not getting), and DRLs (fleet-only order, I guess for rental agencies!).  Sadly, Budget removed the navigation SD card from the center console, so Nav doesn't work, but MyFord Touch is awesome, and the phone integration (I have a Verizon Galaxy Note II) is flawless!  I have no complaints with the speed, responsiveness, and accuracy of the touchscreen or voice commands.  Best extended test drive EVER!

I will check in the back for the manual tomorrow to see if they still left the SD card in the car - I'm hopeful!

I'll post more detailed impressions later, but my first drive (from the airport to the hotel) was incredible - what a fun car to drive!  It's solid, with a nice low center of gravity that allows for, shall we say, spirited turns!   :shift:

Now I'm going to want one even sooner. What a conundrum!

I will check in the back for the manual tomorrow to see if they still left the SD card in the car - I'm hopeful!

Yes by all means check but the SD card for mine came in a large, sealed plastic case separate from the OM.  My guess is they are removed for theft reasons.  And that's a pity since out-of-town renters would benefit the most from a functioning NAV.  

sucks. i thought there were 2 sd cards for tunes and 2 usbs as well. if you take out nav sd can you use it for other use?

do you use sd or usb for software/ updates on MFT (my ford touch)?

thumb drives are risky for breaking off if u hit them. i prefer sds.

btw what is the max size drive it accepts? 32 or 64 or 128 GB?

sucks. i thought there were 2 sd cards for tunes and 2 usbs as well. if you take out nav sd can you use it for other use?

I use a Kingston DataTraveler Micro 16gb USB drive.  The are very compact and don't stick out very far at all.  The come in 8,16, 32 and 64gb.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=DTMCK%2F16GB

I haven't tried it, but the Sync manual says you can use the sd slot for music.

Normally, updates are done with a USB drive.

The SanDisk "Cruzer Fit" USB drive solves the "breaking off" risk.  Link

I'm not sure about the maximum size drive.  I believe others have used larger than 32GB.

SUCCESS!  Checked the storage cubby in the hatch by the battery, and sure enough, there's the floor mats (still wrapped), the owner's manual, and the SD card for the navigation system!  Keep in mind this is a C-MAX with a build date of October 2012 with 12K+ miles on it, and NO ONE thought to check the trunk for the SD card?!  Wow!

So, I'm even more enamored now.  This car is a friggin' starship!

SUCCESS!  Checked the storage cubby in the hatch by the battery, and sure enough, there's the floor mats (still wrapped), the owner's manual, and the SD card for the navigation system!  Keep in mind this is a C-MAX with a build date of October 2012 with 12K+ miles on it, and NO ONE thought to check the trunk for the SD card?!  Wow!

Rock on MadMan!!! Enjoy the ride!!

Stealth bomber, jus by what it can carry and in silence ;)

I am so completely smitten with this car, it's not even funny. My co-workers are openly mocking me, and I just don't care!

The SYNC voice commands are dramatically improved over my 2010 Focus' system. The MyFord Touch responsiveness is superb.  The twin LCDs in the dash are awesome. The responsiveness of the car when goosed is wonderful, and cruising on the highway at 60+ MPH in EV mode is incredible!  It's comfortable, with a nice open greenhouse and plenty of space.  My wife's 2011 F-150 has the backup camera, but the added feature where, when you're backing with the wheel turned, the lines curve to show your angle of attack, is awesome!

So, I'm definitely not waiting until 2014.  As soon as I can (July, maybe) I'm ordering a 2013 as follows:

302A Equipment Group

Panoramic Moonroof

Interior Protection Package

Exterior Protection Package

Sterling Grey Metallic with Black Leather Interior

I'm already anxious, and I'm still months away from ordering the car!  AHHHH!!  :)

I am so completely smitten with this car, it's not even funny. My co-workers are openly mocking me, and I just don't care!

The SYNC voice commands are dramatically improved over my 2010 Focus' system. The MyFord Touch responsiveness is superb.  The twin LCDs in the dash are awesome. The responsiveness of the car when goosed is wonderful, and cruising on the highway at 60+ MPH in EV mode is incredible!  It's comfortable, with a nice open greenhouse and plenty of space.  My wife's 2011 F-150 has the backup camera, but the added feature where, when you're backing with the wheel turned, the lines curve to show your angle of attack, is awesome!

So, I'm definitely not waiting until 2014.  As soon as I can (July, maybe) I'm ordering a 2013 as follows:

302A Equipment Group

Panoramic Moonroof

I'm already anxious, and I'm still months away from ordering the car!  AHHHH!!   :)

There u go, another satisfied driver, good to hear the good news! Sure u don't want to test drive a Prii jus in case...not even a lil test one... :stirpot:

302A Equipment Group

Panoramic Moonroof

I'm already anxious, and I'm still months away from ordering the car!  AHHHH!!   :)

MMM, you might want to check with your dealership. I've had a couple people tell me around here that the dealerships are only going to take orders for new 2013 C-MAXes for a short time, then suspend ordering until the 2014s come out. If it's a 2014 you want, that's fine, but if you want one sooner............just sayin'

Also, you can  stalk shop the multi-dealer sites for a match to what you want. Here we have thinkfordfirst.com, which will allow you to shop the inventory of 50 or so dealerships. I'm sure there is something like that in your area.

Curious what you liked about the Panoramic Moonroof?

You know it doesn't open, right?

It lets in SO much more light! I had been sold on getting the Medium Light Stone interior without the moonroof, considering it didn't open, but seeing how much light it lets in, I"m sold.

Today's discovery was the fact that it works with my Verizon Galaxy Note II to read my text messages to me!!!  My wife texted me "On bus," it read it to me, and when I stopped I wrote her a text that said, and I quote, "HOLY CRAP SYNC READ YOUR TEXT TO ME!" to which she replied, and I quote again, "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!"  Which SYNC promptly read to me as something that sounded like "gobble-gobble-gobble," and I almost drove off the road laughing!

Still can't wait to own this car for real!

It lets in SO much more light! I had been sold on getting the Medium Light Stone interior without the moonroof, considering it didn't open, but seeing how much light it lets in, I"m sold.

Today's discovery was the fact that it works with my Verizon Galaxy Note II to read my text messages to me!!!  My wife texted me "On bus," it read it to me, and when I stopped I wrote her a text that said, and I quote, "HOLY CRAP SYNC READ YOUR TEXT TO ME!" to which she replied, and I quote again, "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!"  Which SYNC promptly read to me as something that sounded like "gobble-gobble-gobble," and I almost drove off the road laughing!

Still can't wait to own this car for real!

Oh my!! You are in for such a treat when it's yours for reals!!!

I have the moonroof w/medium light stone and I love it! Black interior gets so hot! With the automatic shade for the roof, I can keep it cooler during the day, parked in the sun, but still have the benefit of all that glorious light coming in!!! 

Love reading your posts, MMM! It's fun to see someone new be so excited about a car I love!

You should have heard some of the stuff coming out of her (Samantha's) mouth once my kids figured out this feature.  On second thought, mmmm, maybe you shouldn't.  :)

Sadly, tomorrow the C-MAX and I will have to part ways. I am very depressed over this.  I have never been this enamored with a car before - and I have a Shelby GT500!  The technology in this car worked flawlessly for me - Bluetooth paired every time, voice commands worked without a hitch, GPS was spot-on, and MyFord Touch responsiveness was near-instantaneous.  I can only hope mine will be just as excellent!

When I picked it up, the lifetime mileage was 33.0 MPG, with over 12,000 miles on the odometer.  (Keep in mind, this is a Budget rental car, so I doubt most renters are hypermilers!)  After five days, I've got the lifetime average up to 33.7 MPG.  My wife and I used to have a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid, and in order to get good MPG, I had to drive it like a hybrid - really gradual starts, long slow braking periods, etc.  With the C-MAX, I can just drive it like a car, and it does the rest!  The braking is much more progressive and "normal-feeling" compared to the FEH, and the engagement of the ICE is almost imperceptible.  The car exhibits a fit and finish I've never seen in a Ford before.  The door shuts with a heavy, reassuring "THUNK" that screams quality.  Wind noise is almost non-existent.

I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the next four months before I can call a C-MAX my own.  It will be very, very hard to go back to my 2010 Focus tomorrow.

Until then, I'll live vicariously through y'all!  :happy feet:

count yourself very lucky to find one for rent.

ive struck out everywhere even with all the suggestions given to me me on how to get one. :(

Sadly, tomorrow the C-MAX and I will have to part ways. I am very depressed over this.  I have never been this enamored with a car before - and I have a Shelby GT500!  The technology in this car worked flawlessly for me - Bluetooth paired every time, voice commands worked without a hitch, GPS was spot-on, and MyFord Touch responsiveness was near-instantaneous.  I can only hope mine will be just as excellent!

When I picked it up, the lifetime mileage was 33.0 MPG, with over 12,000 miles on the odometer.  (Keep in mind, this is a Budget rental car, so I doubt most renters are hypermilers!)  After five days, I've got the lifetime average up to 33.7 MPG.  My wife and I used to have a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid, and in order to get good MPG, I had to drive it like a hybrid - really gradual starts, long slow braking periods, etc.  With the C-MAX, I can just drive it like a car, and it does the rest!  The braking is much more progressive and "normal-feeling" compared to the FEH, and the engagement of the ICE is almost imperceptible.  The car exhibits a fit and finish I've never seen in a Ford before.  The door shuts with a heavy, reassuring "THUNK" that screams quality.  Wind noise is almost non-existent.