Update Fail

Today I took my CeeMax to the dealer because the screen (Sony+nav) froze a number of times.

They said they would keep it for an update. They promised to return the car after 30-60 mins.

It turned out that:

- my VIN was not matching the version of a system

- the navi SD card (8.3) was not working with an update

- neither the 8.4 version

- after 2 hours they returned the car saying they will take it next Wednesday, they'll give me a loaner Taurus and they will check on the issue

On my way home it was 2x more sluggish than before. 

Did the guys from M$ make the system on a Windows Millenium or something???  :sad:

Edited by pjurek99

• 2 weeks later...
The car was at the dealership for 24 hours. Had a loaner so no big deal.

But the car returned not only in the same but even in the worse shape... They were supposed to fix the infotainment. They made it even worse...

Today three separate things happened that were really annoying:

- could not turn on the car for a minute or so (several attempts)

- after turning it on - the power steering did not work (had to cope with it the Microsoft way - restarting everything)

- could not open the car - had to reach for the fob

- and then the best of all:

post-959-0-75907800-1369437039_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot express my frustration. The dealership service has been struggling for 3 hrs now. They cannot fix the problem easy way so they are trying other solutions... The guys at Chevrolet dealership were unable to fix Equinox now the other ones are struggling with the cmax... something is wrong with this picture. ..

EDIT: I am back home now. The update did not go through again. They say THEIR computer crashed twice. And then when they were trying to revert something - they were unable to check any boxes on options available... So 4hr later I am a stack-where-I-was-before man now... again. This was the 2nd attempt. They did not even bother looking into 3 other issues (push-to-start malfunction, touch-sensitive surface on the door handles malfunction and also why I could not stop the car while in reverse)...

The third attempt will be a reason for considering the Lemon Law way.

Edited by pjurek99