Work Max

fotomoto

Turned my beautiful Ruby Red into a common ol' work mule today.  :sad:   Loaded her up with bricks, paver sand, and top soil for a gardening project.  Easily swallowed up 22 large stones, 4 bags of sand, and 4 bags of top soil.  

974B289E-2404-4A0D-958A-CCABFEF6D638-453

Even wondered what a CMax would look like lowered?   Here's a good imitation (at least on the back end).  I like it but I'm not into those sort of mods.

178896CF-A71E-400C-9BAA-4C8105DBED0D-453

F3B98996-33CE-43AB-AA77-9A2714DBE1A1-453

Along with 3 passengers (me and two kids), I have an educated guess at 850 lbs total load.  Car handled it with poise.  I certainly could feel the weight at starts (ICE came on sooner) and notice a drop in FE  since the route was exactly the same as grocery shopping thus I know it well but it was only 5mpg lower with that heavy load (mid 90's F so heavy a/c too).  Love the utility of a hatch, don't you?   :rockon:

Good to see that it can handle the load.  I will often be hauling a good amount of scuba gear and tanks in my C-MAX.  Cave Diving Country is in Northern Florida, which is between seven to ten hours, depending on selected location, from Miami.  So, I need something that can handle well on the highway while loaded.

Can't wait!  :drool:

Pretty impressive fotomoto!  Now we will be waiting to see the completed garden project.  I like the stone.  Are you making a raised bed?

Well I'm not gardener by any stretch of the imagination but I'm pretty good at giving plants a nice long death sentence!   These are the next victims, umm, I mean our next attempts at getting something to thrive under our big oaks.  

3C0C987C-5CBF-4D00-9252-CA7FAAD74F2F-453

2D96640A-32F5-41B3-A46A-9DEFA4EF2174-453

Hey fotomoto.....you're in South Texas.  Dontcha want to take a detour with that load and come do some gardening at my place?  I seem to have lost control of the weeds in the veggie garden already!

Don't ya'll have more rocks than veggies in your gardens up there?   ;)

Hey I'll gladly take credit for all the work but we did have a couple of slaves, umm, I mean kids helping too. :hi5:  

I just went and weighed one of the stones that I had originally estimated at 8 lbs but I was off..... way off:  18.7lbs!  So the total load with me and the slaves was slightly over 1,050 lbs!   WOW, I didn't know I bought an F-150 that will get 43mpg pulling it!   :worship:   Total project was about 50 stones and took two trips.  Maxi-Mule edition!   :rockon:

Don't ya'll have more rocks than veggies in your gardens up there?   ;)

Dang fotomoto....you been spying on my gardening attempts?  Sad to say we actually had to BUY dirt in order to put in a veggie garden.   :sad:  On the plus side, the dirt we bought grows a fine weed crop each year!

Hey I'll gladly take credit for all the work but we did have a couple of slaves, umm, I mean kids helping too. :hi5:  

I just went and weighed one of the stones that I had originally estimated at 8 lbs but I was off..... way off:  18.7lbs!  So the total load with me and the slaves was slightly over 1,050 lbs!   WOW, I didn't know I bought an F-150 that will get 43mpg pulling it!   :worship:   Total project was about 50 stones and took two trips.  Maxi-Mule edition!   :rockon:

Wow , maybe Ford will make a commercial c-max van with all the seats in back taken out!

Turned my beautiful Ruby Red into a common ol' work mule today.  :sad:   Loaded her up with bricks, paver sand, and top soil for a gardening project.  Easily swallowed up 22 large stones, 4 bags of sand, and 4 bags of top soil.  

974B289E-2404-4A0D-958A-CCABFEF6D638-453

Even wondered what a CMax would look like lowered?   Here's a good imitation (at least on the back end).  I like it but I'm not into those sort of mods.

178896CF-A71E-400C-9BAA-4C8105DBED0D-453

F3B98996-33CE-43AB-AA77-9A2714DBE1A1-453

Along with 3 passengers (me and two kids), I have an educated guess at 850 lbs total load.  Car handled it with poise.  I certainly could feel the weight at starts (ICE came on sooner) and notice a drop in FE  since the route was exactly the same as grocery shopping thus I know it well but it was only 5mpg lower with that heavy load (mid 90's F so heavy a/c too).  Love the utility of a hatch, don't you?   :rockon:

Couldn't have hauled all that with a Energi, at least not as nicely. :)

Exactly what I'm doing.  Unfortunately, the 140 bags of mulch wouldn't fit.  However, I did need to load up the max with plants at the nursery and was happy to see how much it would hold.  I need to get bricks for the borders, too, so I'm glad to see how the car can handle the weight.

By the way, check out http://www.onlineplantguide.com/Plant-Details/1667/ .  We use this stuff in the theme parks because it's mostly drought resistant.  It's perfect for under your trees.  However, it can take over if not watched carefully.

Wow , maybe Ford will make a commercial c-max van with all the seats in back taken out!

I would love to see an F-150 Energi. Raising the bed level by a few inches would make room for one BIG battery, and in a truck you need torque - something electric drive can deliver! A F-150 Energi would be a very effective vehicle.

no worries about scuffing the sides of the inside? you must have been close to home with no left or right turns  ;)  :shift:

Always a worry especially with a new vehicle but kinda' like the first scratch in the paint it's going to happen sooner or later....  but on this occasion no interior plastics were harmed.  It was all in town driving, I drove cautiously, and the bricks weren't stack high enough to topple.

I would love to see an F-150 Energi. Raising the bed level by a few inches would make room for one BIG battery, and in a truck you need torque - something electric drive can deliver! A F-150 Energi would be a very effective vehicle.

Your wish is my command:  http://www.viamotors.com  Bring your pocketbook (a large one).

I do my fair share of hauling plants, bags of mulch and other things from the local home improvement center. Once or twice a month I stuff the cargo hold with my gear and head off to my next gig:

DSCF0001_zps2e62f558.jpg

With a little rearranging, it looks like I'll have room for a third speaker cabinet for my bass rig!

Always a worry especially with a new vehicle but kinda' like the first scratch in the paint it's going to happen sooner or later....  but on this occasion no interior plastics were harmed.  It was all in town driving, I drove cautiously, and the bricks weren't stack high enough to topple.

Your wish is my command:  http://www.viamotors.com  Bring your pocketbook (a large one).

At 79 grand I think I'll wait for Ford's solution!