Whats Your Favorite Fuel Tracking App?

Riddley

It says that it imports from Fuelly.  So, does that mean the procedure for a fill-up would be:

1. Record in Fuelly
  2. Import
  3. Add Other Info?

The App looks pretty robust.  I just don't want to have to do multiple entry.  I do need to log business related expenses, etc.  So, being able to do it all in one place is the goal.

Oh, and reporting.  Gotta have strong reporting features without so much time on Exel.  That would be nice.

I'm way outta the loop:  I use a pencil, paper and sometimes a calculator...

I'm right there with you Jaz!

My information is out there on more computer systems than I care to think about so I cannot see any reason to add my info to another system just to perform a task I can do with pencil and paper.

Edited by Manticore

WTF is in your signature?

icameuponachildofgodhewaswalkingalongtheroadandiaskedhimtellmewhereareyougoingthishetoldme...

semolinapilchardclimbinguptheeiffeltowerelementrypenguinsingingharikrishnamanyoushouldhaveseenthemkickingedgarallenpoe...

Edited by Hatchman

Well, the top line is the first verse of the song Woodstock, the bottom line is a verse from I Am The Walrus.

All case, punctuation and spaces have been deleted so it looks like this:

wellthetoplineisthefirstverseofthesongwoodstockthebottomlineisaversefromiamthewalrus

You might say I have too much time on my hands or just a really twisted mind, your choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I have android and use FuelLog (Paid Version).

I keep track of the reported mpg, gallons used, EV miles and hours.

I use the app for actual mpg, gallons filled, cost and maintenance recording.

The app does not link to Fuelly although I contact the developer to see if the could do so. I am happy with the app and really haven't tried others.

I use the GasTracker+ app for my iPhone. It's not highly rated and is a little buggy being version 1 but it does what I need.   If I wasn't able to instantly load the data while I'm still at the pump, I would not be on fuelie as I don't have the patience to write it down and then add it in later when I get to a computer.  

I use Gas Cubby on my iPhone.  You can keep fuel mileage data for multiple vehicles and also maintenance data and cost.  You can store all your stats for each vehicle, i.e. VIN number, insurance, license plate etc.  It also has a pretty good reporting feature which you can export to email.

Mike

while not a mpg tracker, i also use Gas Buddy app to find the best gas prices near me. it's user supported so most recent prices can be updated hourly for more accurate data.

you get points for adding data in your area which gives you tickets to enter a drawing to win gas cards.

Edited by salsaguy

I have been using the iPhone Paid App; Road Trip.

I like the graphs, the fact I track both my Motorcycle my Max and my wife's Scion.  I also track all my car purchases and our trips.  It then does its App magic and we get a cost per mile running total.

There is a Free App for Road Trip if you would like to check it out.

• 4 months later...

My long-time habit is to keep hand written records in the car, in an otherwise unused check book register.  Then each fill info goes into an Excel workbook where I do  all kinds of work-ups and graphs.

I do write the info on the back of receipt as I use my car for business travel. I also take a Iphone pic so I can go back to look for info on the past fill ups. Plan to do some graphs showing MPG's vs Average speed.

Paul