No hard drive and no DVD player?

I have a dash mounted CD/DVD player as part of the Nav package on my 2012 LaCrosse.  There is a hard drive, and the Nav database comes on the hard drive - to update it, you need to buy DVDs.  The hard drive can also be used to store audio or video files, and it also works similar to a DVR, in that it is always recording the live radio program you're listening to, and you can rewind it - up to 20 minutes, I think.

Does the C-Max have no hard drive and no DVD player?

I have a dash mounted CD/DVD player as part of the Nav package on my 2012 LaCrosse.  There is a hard drive, and the Nav database comes on the hard drive - to update it, you need to buy DVDs.  The hard drive can also be used to store audio or video files, and it also works similar to a DVR, in that it is always recording the live radio program you're listening to, and you can rewind it - up to 20 minutes, I think.

Does the C-Max have no hard drive and no DVD player?

The C-Max does not have a DVD player and does not have a Hard-Drive.

It does have A/V input if you had a portable DVD player.

The Navigation maps and DB comes on an SD card that always has to be present in the SD card slot.

In addition it has 2 USB ports.  I keep a flash drive plugged in all the time, and it essentially acts like a hard drive.

Can't watch a DVD while driving so no real reason to have one.  A usb thumb drive works just as well as a hard drive but doesn't drive up the cost of the car.  DVD based NAV can be slow.

My volt had a hard drive and a DVD/CD player and the one big plus for that combo was ripping CD's straight to the hard drive.  What's a CD, you say?  Well........

Edited by fotomoto

It does have some type of storage device though.  Not sure if it's a flash or HDD, but it does have one.  If you have Sirius/XM going, press the red audio corner and you will see a Replay option.  If you select that option, it will allow you to rewind the programming that you have been listening to.  It seems to go back around an hour.  It does not work for FM though.

As for storing your own music and such though, there's no option that I am aware of. 

The C-Max does not have a DVD player and does not have a Hard-Drive.

It does have A/V input if you had a portable DVD player.

The Navigation maps and DB comes on an SD card that always has to be present in the SD card slot.

In addition it has 2 USB ports.  I keep a flash drive plugged in all the time, and it essentially acts like a hard drive.

I haven't tried it, but I believe the SD card can also be used for storage in a non-Nav instance.  Someone will correct this if I'm wrong. :)