Fun With Locks

ScubaDadMiami

I was playing with the Intelligent Access feature, and I have a question regarding locking and unlocking.

If I close my driver's door, and I use the black square button, I can hear the C-MAX locking.  The locks are pretty quiet.  So, I decided to check the driver's side passenger door to make sure that all doors were locked. 

I pull the door handle, and the door is locked.  However, right after that, I hear the door unlocking (I think all doors unlocked).  So, I end out having to re-lock, and then I just go away without wanting to accidentally unlock the doors by testing again.

Sure, I can always use the fob.  However, I want to know all the different ways of C-MAX, and I want to use the ones that are best for me. 

So, what gives?

Oh, on the good side:  I hated how my last car had the requirement to hit the fob button twice to unlock all doors.  I would always seem to hit the button once, put away the fob, and then I would have to dig it out again to open the hatch or back doors.  I've already taken care of that by disabling that feature on the C-MAX.  I bring this up, just in case anybody else wants all to unlock on the first tap.

When I'm by myself, I use the interior door switch as I get out.  If I'm out of the car and it's noisy, I watch for the mirror puddle light to flash when I push the black pad.  When I have my slow poke kids with me, I use the FOB to lock with horn confirmation as I've all ready walked halfway to our destination by the time they pile out.  LOL

I was playing with the Intelligent Access feature, and I have a question regarding locking and unlocking.

If I close my driver's door, and I use the black square button, I can hear the C-MAX locking.  The locks are pretty quiet.  So, I decided to check the driver's side passenger door to make sure that all doors were locked. 

I pull the door handle, and the door is locked.  However, right after that, I hear the door unlocking (I think all doors unlocked).  So, I end out having to re-lock, and then I just go away without wanting to accidentally unlock the doors by testing again.

Sure, I can always use the fob.  However, I want to know all the different ways of C-MAX, and I want to use the ones that are best for me. 

So, what gives?

If the FOB is near the car, (1) pulling a door handle will unlock the car, (2) pressing the black button will lock the car.  There's no way I know of to manually test whether or not the car is locked if the FOB is nearby.  And no, I don't know exactly what "nearby" means; you'll have to test this for yourself.

Cheers.

Edited by Bill-N

IIRC, locking the car by touching the black pad and then immediately pulling on the handle to confirm the car is locked will not unlock the vehicle.  Pausing even a couple of seconds between the two actions will unlock the vehicle.  I believe the OP by moving over to check the rear passenger door handle provided enough of delay.  I find watching for the mirror and/or the front/rear turn signals flashing confirmation easier.

You should also be able to see the light on the dash, which indicates that all the doors are locked. Or at least, if you're someone who doesn't trust technology, it indicates that the vehicle believes the doors are locked (in which case it would set off the alarm if a door were to open). 

Edited by Noah Harbinger

By the way, if you hold the open button on the key fob for about 4-5 seconds, all the windows will open.  If you want to close the windows, however, you have to get into the car and close them using the window buttons on the driver's door.

When I'm by myself, I use the interior door switch as I get out.  If I'm out of the car and it's noisy, I watch for the mirror puddle light to flash when I push the black pad.  When I have my slow poke kids with me, I use the FOB to lock with horn confirmation as I've all ready walked halfway to our destination by the time they pile out.  LOL

People can be programed/re-programed.

After many yrs. of arriving, putting the car in neutral, turning the car off, unbuckling, looking over at DW blink a couple of times then say "OoHh we're here" get out of the car check the tires...etc, she would have everything put together and get out. I would then lock the car.

I had an inspiration!

Now when we arrive I put the car in neutral,  turn the car off, unbuckle get out and lock the doors.

The look on her face the first time I did it was "priceless."  :hysterical:

Only took 5 times and 3 stitches :cry: (I opened my right eye a few days ago :baby: ) to reprogram her.