Ford hybrid sales

Things sound good:

FORD MOTOR: May sales were up 14%, the best for that month since 2005.

The automaker is continuing to add gas-electric hybrid models to its lineup and, consequently, sold more hybrid vehicles the first five months this year than it it has in any full year, breaking the record of 35,496 in 2010. Gas-electric hybrids use less fuel than regular gasoline cars, but they are more expensive.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/06/03/chrysler-general-motors-ford-sales/2378505/

While Toyota still leads in hybrid sales, Ford is gaining ground, it says. In April, it had 15.5% of US market share. More than 60% of Fusion and C-MAX hybrid sales are conquests — buyers who previously owned another brand — and most of those are from Toyota, according to Ford.

“We’re hearing from our dealers they literally can’t keep our hybrids in stock,” C.J. O’Donnell, Ford electrification group marketing manager, said in a release.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-hybrids-easily-outsell-electric-cars-2013-5#ixzz2VAgvSUw1

Edited by fotomoto

I traded in a Corolla so I'm included in that group too.  Matter of fact my last two cars where Toyota's.  I looked at them before I went to Ford, I just thought they looked cheap on the interior and that they were falling behind in quality.  

I'm glad to support American manufacturing too, they built a great product they deserve it!

Noah are you sure? I just searched the other day and found a few. what site are you using to search for them?

we are still looking to get a c-max down the road but not just yet but when we do it will be an SEL 303a for sure.

i know we may have to special order if the one we want is not available on a dealer lot and they don't want to trade with another dealer.

Noah are you sure? I just searched the other day and found a few. what site are you using to search for them?

we are still looking to get a c-max down the road but not just yet but when we do it will be an SEL 303a for sure.

i know we may have to special order if the one we want is not available on a dealer lot and they don't want to trade with another dealer.

It must have been an oddity in the database when I searched! Or an oddity in my brain, I did have a rather sleep deprived weekend. I thought it seemed extremely strange at the time - but it was something I wanted to believe :) 

I'm noticing in the bay area the number of CMax sightings is really increasing.  I'm seeing mostly silver gray colors and oxford white models driving around.  Quite possibly I'm seeing the same cars over and over?  I haven't taken the time to memorize the license numbers.  However I did see another Platinum White SEL yesterday while driving around Cupertino near Apple Headquarters.  It was pulling into a nicely carved out space in a rather crowded two car garage bay.

Enjoy the ride...maxing one day at a time

I'm seeing mostly silver gray colors and oxford white models driving around.  Quite possibly I'm seeing the same cars over and over? 

Look at the colors available: Besides the two premium colors (Ruby and Candy Blue), there's a pale Ice Blue - and then it's Black, Dark grey, Light grey, white, and something not quite white. The neutral colors probably dominate production. 

Up here in the Pacific NW supplies are limited of SEL's. I had a Ruby Red my dealer found and set up a trade not to have the other dealer sell the car out from under me. No other SEL 302 or 303's in the Portland Metro area and I didn't want to try to have the dealer find and trade again. So I searched the Ford site for local inventory, changing the Zip Code for different areas in WA state. Finally found a couple and settled on an Ice Storm 303 with Panorama roof. They honored my X-Plan pricing, plus my $750 brochure and $750 rebate.

I will pick it up tomorrow (2.5hr drive in each direction) and finally give my wife her new C-Max! I think I've enjoyed this process much more than she did. When I asked her to choose between Charcoal and Ice Storm she said, "I just want it to be over"!!! I'm trying to remember how much time she put into research, test drives and pricing (none) and I thought, "why does she want it to be over."...oh well, I still love her!

I'm noticing in the bay area the number of CMax sightings is really increasing.  I'm seeing mostly silver gray colors and oxford white models driving around.  Quite possibly I'm seeing the same cars over and over?  I haven't taken the time to memorize the license numbers. 

Note to crew - take evasive action. Subject is starting to become suspicious.

I had to laugh when I read that they call the sales to owners of other makes, "conquests".  That seems typical of the auto industry, thinking their customers are "theirs".

I have yet to see many C-max on the road, though one day I saw 3 (near a dealer however).

Edited by CNCGeek

I had to laugh when I read that they call the sales to owners of other makes, "conquests".  That seems typical of the auto industry, thinking their customers are "theirs".

I have yet to see many C-max on the road, though one day I saw 3 (near a dealer however).

Given the loyalty numbers, to an extent they are.