I lost voice commands

Sounds like the old "phonebook" problem.

Check this search for "phonebook".

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

I searched for "phonebook" and got a number of threads that may or may not apply.

Do you mean the "too many contacts in the phonebook" problem in http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2301-streaming-bluetooth-stuttering-solved/?hl=phonebook&do=findComment&comment=22890? If so it would seem odd that this problem would crop up after 7 months of working fine. Especially when I haven't added any contacts recently.

While reading this thread I realized I didn't know how to exactly re-boot the MFT, so I followed some of the links and put together a list that I added to the owner's manual PDF, which I store in Dropbox, and thus on all our tablets and an iPod, one of which would always be in the car. Note I removed the leading http: from the links to keep them fully visible in this post.

======

You can reset MFT by using this procedure: //support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

Your vehicle must be in Park and running, not in Accessory mode

Make a note of any saved Navigation points and other personal data. This process will erase all of your data from SYNC, and will restore SYNC to factory settings

Disconnect any USB devices and SD cards that are connected to your vehicle's media hub. If you have an SD Card Navigation system, be sure to remove the SD card

1. Using your system’s touch screen, touch Settings, then touch System.

2. Navigate to the second page of the System menu, then touch Master Reset.

3. When SYNC prompts you, touch “Yes” to continue.

4. “Performing scheduled system maintenance…” appears on the touch screen for several minutes.

5. The home screen reappears. The master reset is now complete.

Or, you can reset it by disconnecting the negative 12 volt battery cable for a few minutes, then reconnect it.

Or, pull fuse 67 and 79 in the fuse box behind the glove compartment.  Re-insert the fuses after a few minutes.

Or, MFT can be reset without losing presets by this procedure: //outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

The delayed reboot application is a small utility that you can plug into your USB port in order to force a reboot of MFT. It is better than a master reset because it will not reset any of your settings.

Thread:  //fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2390-mft-mostly-non-function-how-to-reboot/?hl=%2Bmaster+%2Breset#entry23987

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

From that post it seems like MFT downloads all contacts and stores them in the car. Is this correct? I always thought that it downloads the entire contact list each time it pairs with the phone. That's why it "thinks" for so long when the car is started.

Since my phone's contact list doesn't change very often I will try turning off the Auto Phonebook feature and see what happens.