Going to the Car Wash with Rearview camera on

armoredsaint

how do you get it to work like that when you are moving forward? i thought all backup cams only showed up when in reverse.

im going in to my VW dealer this Fri to finally get an OEM backup cam installed  in my 2012 Passat. it was added to the 2013 car line but i had no choice to wait to order a '13 since my previous car was totaled out. can't wait to get it as they do help and I'm getting worse in backing uu these days. :)

Edited by salsaguy

how do you get it to work like that when you are moving forward? i thought all backup cams only showed up when in reverse.

im going in to my VW dealer this Fri to finally get an OEM backup cam installed  in my 2012 Passat. it was added to the 2013 car line but i had no choice to wait to order a '13 since my previous car was totaled out. can't wait to get it as they do help and I'm getting worse in backing uu these days. :)

The rear vision camera comes on when you put it in reverse, but then even after you put the transmission in a forward gear, the camera stays on for a time. I'm not sure if remains on for a set number of seconds, or until the vehicle reaches a certain speed--based on informal observations, I think it's the latter. All in all, I really like the rear vision camera.

And the car wash photos are pretty neat!

The delayed option keeps the camera view on the screen until the vehicle is moving forward above 6 mph.  When it is disabled the camera view goes away as soon as the vehicle is shifted out of reverse.

ahh, that explains it.  But I like my scenario better (imaging all the double-takes by employees as the OP drives by backwards!).   :hysterical:

Thanks.  It all makes sense now.  I will have to try that option out.

The delayed option keeps the camera view on the screen until the vehicle is moving forward above 6 mph.  When it is disabled the camera view goes away as soon as the vehicle is shifted out of reverse.

Mine goes off the moment it shifts from reverse to drive, so it must be disabled?

i guess the delay to stay on is a good safety option in case something comes into view behind you. sounds like no reason to not disable it as you will reach 6 mpg pretty quickly. so unless you absolutely MUST see the song name on the screen right after you put it in drive.....

thanks for clearing that up for us

I took the C-Max through our local touchless car wash, and it did a terrible job with the rear of the car.  Everywhere else was fine, but my theory is the C-Max is small enough that when the car is pulled up to the correct spot, the rear of the car is too far forward for the wash system to have any effect.  

No more going there. 

i just got my backup camera installed in my 2012 Passat on Fri and yes I too have the delay for a few seconds after taking it out of Reverse.so yeah it's fun to see folks behind you. sure is handy to see if I'm all the way into my garage and have room in front and back of my car.love it.