Little Conviniences

Tien23

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

One thing that is offered in all packages except the base SE is "ambient lighting" which I've found very handy, has a nice little outline around the cup holders so they are easy to find at night... also hopefully it has the ambient lighting down in the foot wells, that is very nice too.

I always thought that the ambient lighting was a waste of money

I love it, let's you use the cup holder at night and glance down for it, as well as having a nice dim light in the feet area to help see things on the floor without turning on a dome light... so I think it's very useful.

I love it, let's you use the cup holder at night and glance down for it, as well as having a nice dim light in the feet area to help see things on the floor without turning on a dome light... so I think it's very useful.

I have dropped a few drinks on the floor LOL

• 2 months later...

I have the ambient lighting and it has two adjustments. The first is a button that toggles through the available colors. The second is a turn knob the allows you to adjust how bright they are all the way to off. There's lights for the front foot wells and one for the rear passenger foot well. There's also the cupholder light and one at the front door handles. Nice little touch is when you open a front door the light in the door handle for that door only turns red to show its not closed. When the door is fully closed it changes back to green.

The C-Max has some nifty little cubby holes under the rear passenger's feet. You lift a little trap door on each side and there is room to store a camera etc. A crook probably wouldn't spot them especially if you buy rubber floor mats to put over the carpeted trap doors.

Ahh, good to know! I saw mention of this in the Energi's owner manual as a place to store the plug-in connector, but didn't know if it was included to the regular C-Max. I never thought to look under the floor mats on the one I saw.

Ahh, good to know! I saw mention of this in the Energi's owner manual as a place to store the plug-in connector, but didn't know if it was included to the regular C-Max. I never thought to look under the floor mats on the one I saw.

They come in handy when boarded by Imperial Stormtroopers as well. I'd rather have a spare tire though.

• 1 month later...

Ambient lighting...Don't get me started! I guess you just did! :runaway:

Everything is lite up except the most needed spot....the Ignition Key hole.

I guesss i should have sprung for the SEL with the bluetooth key.

Oh well hopefuly I'll get better at finding the key hole in the dark.

What trim? The one we test drove had the garage door opener system (is it called HomeLink on a Ford?)

Oh, maybe it's just not included on the SE. I guess I would have assumed that something like this would be standard in a vehicle that had a navigation screen as well as two in-dash screens.