Tell me about your Road Rage stories?

armoredsaint

I am more annoyed by people ahead of me driving in ways that make me use my brakes, since driving a C-Max.

Sometimes, it seems like every traffic issue possible is conspiring against my MPGs.

Long flat stretch ahead?  Give a little pulse and glide . . . , except that jerk pulls out from a driveway, making you hit the breaks (giving the extra added bonus of ruining your perfect breaking score). 

By the time you get back up to speed on ICE, here comes a hill.  No EV for you!  (In voice of the Soup Nazi--a Seinfeld reference).

Okay, we're up and over the hill, ready to head down the other side with some Regen bonus . . . , but not today!  No glide.  Everyone is backed up for the traffic light.  By the time the traffic lets up, you got nothing from it!

Oh, and then that guy in the gas guzzler is riding your bumper.  So, if you had hopes of making a nice, slow pickup to speed, FAGGETTABOUTIT!  Watch the MPG drop as the ICE moves all the way up past the second bar.

You're finally back up to speed, and hoping to gain back some of your MPGs on the stretch to the next stop coming up.  Just as you are about to maximize your Regen on the approach to the stop, someone changes lanes, zooms in front of you, slams on the breaks, and you end up with both the loss of all that Regen, and like a 54 Brake Score!

Should I go on?  Does this sound familiar to anyone? :rant2:

It's like the streets have become an obstacle course!  :sos:

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Today on my way home I had a guy walking along the street in front of me decide because he couldn't hear a car coming I wasn't behind him and he just walked into the road.  Luckily there was no cars coming the other way so I was able to swerve into the other lane and not have to slam on the breaks.  I gave it a good honk as I was passing him to show my displeasure of his ignorance.

Bet he'll never do that again!

Today on my way home I had a guy walking along the street in front of me decide because he couldn't hear a car coming I wasn't behind him and he just walked into the road.  Luckily there was no cars coming the other way so I was able to swerve into the other lane and not have to slam on the breaks.  I gave it a good honk as I was passing him to show my displeasure of his ignorance.

Bet he'll never do that again!

All the more reason Ford should make Series 2 CMax come up with user-selectable engine noise, imagine a 454 noise blaring out the front speakers. I am sure that would wake that moron up ;)

All the more reason Ford should make Series 2 CMax come up with user-selectable engine noise, imagine a 454 noise blaring out the front speakers. I am sure that would wake that moron up ;)

would prefer a taser option:)

Don;t have much problem with road rage incidents, might be the bumper sticker that mentions CCW

Edited by Wingrider01

Don;t have much problem with road rage incidents, might be the bumper sticker that mentions CCW

You beat me to it.  Stickers that provide some notice seem to help.  The CCW itself has caused me to curb my rage as well.  It's kind of the oppisite of what many seem to think nowadays, because I know things could get ugly really fast.

You beat me to it.  Stickers that provide some notice seem to help.  The CCW itself has caused me to curb my rage as well.  It's kind of the oppisite of what many seem to think nowadays, because I know things could get ugly really fast.

the sticker is for effect, been carrying for close to 35 years for work. If the sticker does not work, the portable flashing cherry does when I let them pass

I do most of my driving on the highway, so I do whatever I can to get into, and stay in, that elusive sweet spot of 65ish.  The other day, I was in the middle lane, going 65 in a 55, and a huge truck came up behind me and honked and honked.  Dude, I'm in the sweet spot, get into the fast lane and leave me alone.

Coming home from work yesterday I was on a 45 mph 4 lane road, slightly down hill and had myself setup for a nice glide when someone came up and rode my bumper. No other traffic to been seen so passing me would have been really easy.

Time for a reverse pass: I went over to the left lane, slowed a little to let the car pass and moved back to the right lane.

Coming home from work yesterday I was on a 45 mph 4 lane road, slightly down hill and had myself setup for a nice glide when someone came up and rode my bumper. No other traffic to been seen so passing me would have been really easy.

I call them "sucker fish".   No matter what speed you do, they will stick to your bumper.  

• 1 month later...

I don't know what I did???    :headscratch:  There was a large four wheel drive truck behind me the other day that suddenly passed me on the right on a right hand turn off.  I was feathering between 45 and 50 and noticed him a good distance behind me.  Maybe when we slowed to stop at a light he got close enough to see that I was driving a hybrid and was offended.  That's when he suddenly passed me honking his horn and glaring at me.   :stirpot:  I just don't know what his problem was.  

I don't know what I did???    :headscratch:  There was a large four wheel drive truck behind me the other day that suddenly passed me on the right on a right hand turn off.  I was feathering between 45 and 50 and noticed him a good distance behind me.  Maybe when we slowed to stop at a light he got close enough to see that I was driving a hybrid and was offended.  That's when he suddenly passed me honking his horn and glaring at me.   :stirpot:  I just don't know what his problem was.  

VA LAW?  

§ 46.2-877. Minimum speed limits.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

what was the posted speed limit? traffic conditions?

Sorry for my vagueness.  I was in South Carolina on a four lane road all the way on the right hand lane. The speed limit was 45 mph.  As I said in my first post I was going from 45 to 50 and then coasting to 45.  The guy was far enough behind me that he wouldn't have noticed unless he drives with 10 car lengths in front of him.  I don't get upset with weird people.  I figure they're having a bad day or are not happy campers.